Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

changing a car battery

Options
  • 02-01-2009 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I know this is a very basic question and some of you out there could change a car battery with your eyes closed, but I'm a bit stuck. I've disconnected the battery from my '99 Opel Vectra, but now I can't get the damn thing out. It is bolted on and I can't seem to reach the bolts in order to get it out (the battery itself is in the way). Any advise would be appreciated. Otherwise I will have to reconnect the battery, get a jump start and drive down to a local garage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

pics? it really should just lift out.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭andywozhere

steve06 wrote: »
    it really should just lift out.

That's what I thought.

Here are the bolts that seem to attach it
    nuts.jpg

and here is a birds eye view

battery.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

see the black thingy at the bottom of the photo
    thats a fuse box
    it lifts straight up
    under it you will find a plate holding the bottom of yer battery in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

You might find that the stereo has lost its code, this happens when you disconnect the battery

Tigger wrote: »
    see the black thingy at the bottom of the photo
    thats a fuse box
    it lifts straight up
    under it you will find a plate holding the bottom of yer battery in

Thanks Tigger, that was what I was looking for! Battery is now out :). I'll put the new one in tomorrow and hopefully the stereo will work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

JackFrosty wrote: »
    You might find that the stereo has lost its code, this happens when you disconnect the battery

code will be in your manual thingy

Tigger wrote: »
    code will be in your manual thingy

Thanks, don't have a manual, but I'll hopefully be able to work it out. Found a related post in another forum.

Advertisement