Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help my Aldi laptop!

Options
  • 02-01-2009 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hello,

I have a Medion akoya MD96630 at its not bad as far as laptops go, however the unit shut down a few weeks ago and a friend of mind rebooted it and all is fine apart form the video card. It came with nvidia graphics and now the display driver says in is running standard vga driver. How do i fix this? the windows movie maker wouldn't run because of this. So if any of you on here can help me sort this out I'd be delighted,
    cos I don't really want to trouble my friend again.

:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭steppen

download the drivers again via the nvidia site

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hello,

I have a Medion akoya MD96630 at its not bad as far as laptops go, however the unit shut down a few weeks ago and a friend of mind rebooted it and all is fine apart form the video card. It came with nvidia graphics and now the display driver says in is running standard vga driver. How do i fix this? the windows movie maker wouldn't run because of this. So if any of you on here can help me sort this out I'd be delighted,
    cos I don't really want to trouble my friend again.

:p

Reinstall the driver. If you don't have this to hand, then you can get the latest from www.nvidia.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tommy Burns

Don't you just love when people come back to say thanks?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Don't you just love when people come back to say thanks?:mad:
    he'll be back soon asking how to download that driver..
    Or more than likely: he got his friend to do it for him! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭caspermccormack

I got it sorted out thanks to reinstalling the driver, nice one Steppen and spear!
    As for the other two a*seholes posting here, you know what you can do!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

your laptop needs video card drivers.... look for the driver cd that came with the laptop to get them working or download the latest nvidia drivers from www.nvidia.com and then install them

u will need to look at your laptop's

Advertisement