Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Recommend me a 52" TV

• 02-01-2009 7:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Recommend me a 52" Full HD tv... Can be LCD or Plasma i dont mind.

Was looking at this KDL 52W4000 but the 8ms response time worries me?

I dont wanna spend more than €1700

Its for SkyHD and Blu Ray on a blu Ray player (not a PS3)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

To be honest, you'd be mad to get a non 100hz 52" lcd tv when you're not a gamer. I's strongly recommend gettin a plasma, a 1080p 50" panasonic would suit your needs

One like this. The pz80 is a cracking tv, and would excel when fed with Bluray or Sky HD. This one would set you back a lot less than you might have though too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

I think RicherSounds.ie have the Pioneer LX5090 for £1699 in their sale. Pioneer are the best plasma tvs in the world. Little over your budget but well worth it. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

aaf wrote: »
    I think RicherSounds.ie have the Pioneer LX5090 for £1699 in their sale. Pioneer are the best plasma tvs in the world. Little over your budget but well worth it. :cool:

Forgot about that strangely! That would be superior to that panasonic in every area. Watch out though, the 5090 has no speakers in it. They are extra's and afaik, are available a couple of different of styles, depending on whether yo're wall-mounting the tv or not. The pioneer may be a bit more than the panasonic but really, at that price, its a bargain. It really is the best tv available at the moment, hands down. Check out this review

Advertisement