Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kalash aks74u steel version

Options
  • 02-01-2009 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Is there a difference, internaly(gearbox), between the regular and steel version of the kalash aks74u?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

nope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The regular one has mostly steel and some pot metal in places, main difference is this is all steel no pot metal.

Vtec has told me that the internals varied, they initially came with plastic bushings, then metal, some bearing, some bearing spring guides, ye never knew what you would get!

It was mad actually, but generally these days I think you get very good internals from stock.

true true, but i don;t think that has much to do with a difference between steel and non steel, i;ve had dramatic differences in internal parts between the same models.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I think because the steel model is newer, you generally get the good parts.

would be nice to think so, i have seen more and more dboys with bearing instead of bushing and such, difficult to tell what you will get sometimes a bit like lucky dip :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭moggser

Puding wrote: »
    would be nice to think so, i have seen more and more dboys with bearing instead of bushing and such, difficult to tell what you will get sometimes a bit like lucky dip :)

puddin where did you get the top cover of your for grip for your romainien ak

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

Are the kalashes in eirsoft the full steel version or regular?

puddin where did you get the top cover of your for grip for your romainien ak

i got it from a friend over at arnies airsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Nope, the Full Steel Kalashes are the same as the "Deluxe" models they use for their M4's.

Comes with metal bushings, bearing spring guide (few other bits and pieces that I can't remember), but a few more parts than the normal Kalashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭moggser

Puding wrote: »
    i got it from a friend over at arnies airsoft

would there be a chance of another one or would i have to source it my self

• Advertisement
Advertisement