Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would lure you back to the bars?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

biko wrote: »
    Pool tables and dart boards
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

No one else think it's societal change?

People moving away from their 'local' for work and not being of the mindset to find a new one near their new residence as they don't know anyone there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Clean toilets and warm smoking area.

May have been mentioned already as i am just way too lazy to read every post from the start!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

first; cheaper drink (soft drinks aswell!)

second; friendly bar staff. i always say please and thank you when ordering, would it be too much to ask for that in return? i work in a busy service enviornment and no matter how much pressure i'm under i manage to get out those words.

third; turn the tv off when the football is over. let people talk!

fourth; less aggessive, more english speaking doormen. i have a list of bars and clubs that i no longer go to due to the agessive attitude of the bouncers, who don't listen to reason (when i'm sober trying to explain they are mistaken)
    as it was mentioned somewhwhere here before when it is left up to good barmen they do a far better job, rather than grabbing random people who 'look' drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Seats.

Table Service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Get rid off the toilet attendants. I don't need someone staring at me expecting a euro cos they handed me a piece of paper towel to wipe my hands with.

If they're in your pub, I'm not...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

If Mary Harney was there serving pints in a gimp outfit I'd be tempted to spend more money in the pubs

Pubs that didnt let in underagers.

Warm smoking area.. with a roof preferably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

biko wrote: »
    Pool tables and dart boards
    My local has 2 pool tables and the place is close to shutting down. Hardly anyone in there these days and deserted on weekends. After work on Friday's with the office staff is the only decent sized crowd. Bar staff are sound and will put what you want on telly or put the jukebox as high or low as you want. The pub is nice and clean and in a good location with the niteclub 100 metres down the road attracting a couple of thousand on weekends. All it needs is people. :)

Advertisement