Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Update to the Avensis saga!

Options
  • 02-01-2009 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭

Most regular posters here will have heard me moan from time to time about a 2002 Toyota Avensis my parents have had the misfortune of owning.

Well, now, at 120k miles the gearbox has failed.

So it will probably need clutch #4 as well. In other news a few "hot" bars on the rear heated window have stopped working. And the the knob for putting back the drivers seat keeps falling off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Sounds fun. Maybe it's time to buy a new Avensis, the old model as such. Even a demo 08. They're in dire straights trying to selll these. Good bargain could be got if they'll trust Toyota again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

You sure its the gearbox??

The Dual Mass Flywheel failed on my mates bros Avensis (same model) around that mileage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Sounds like maidhc's one is a lemon tbh.

They're normally not anything like as badly built, though they certainly are not the Best Built Cars in the World either.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

E92 wrote: »
    Sounds like maidhc's one is a lemon tbh.

Sounds like his parents dont know your not supposed to go above 3rd gear and 30mph in an Avensis. They dont the rough stuff.:)

Advertisement