Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 2 Instruments (aka "So I just bought the Ion Rocker Kit...")

Options
  • 02-01-2009 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

:)

A friend has kindly donated his Rock Band 2 disc to my fresh (second-hand) 360. This put me in a pretty good situation since it meant I could vindicate to myself the buying of the Ion Rocker Drumkit.

But obviously, I don't have any of the other instruments. Are they going to be released "All in one" when it comes out, including the game? Or is there any chance I can buy the Mic + Guitar separately? I've also heard that the RB2 Mic is identical to the RB1 Mic... In that case, would I be better off getting second-hand RB1 Mic and then purchasing a RB2 guitar at some stage?

I may also buy GH:WT at some stage, just to keep that in mind. Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Folex wrote: »
    But obviously, I don't have any of the other instruments. Are they going to be released "All in one" when it comes out, including the game? Or is there any chance I can buy the Mic + Guitar separately? I've also heard that the RB2 Mic is identical to the RB1 Mic... In that case, would I be better off getting second-hand RB1 Mic and then purchasing a RB2 guitar at some stage?

MIC: Any USB Mic will work. Don't spend a lot of money on it. You can buy "Get on Da Mic" or "Boogie" for Wii second hand for €5-€15 and it will work on Rock Band. The RB2 mic is wired and has the controller buttons built onto it.... Waste of money if you ask me.

GUITAR: You can buy these separately in a bricks n mortar shop if you get the Guitar Hero ones... I don't think you can buy a Rock Band Guitar without the game here. You could buy tons of different types online if you go to eBay or other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I think HMV sell the guitars on their own.

I think HMV sell the guitars on their own.

I know they definitely don't sell GH:WT guitars on their own cos I argued with them for a week and then bought the game from there.. That's how I ended up with 2 copies of the game.

Rock Band - maybe :/

I want the P-Bass..... 90 euro online incl shipping doesn't seem "too" bad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Cully wrote: »
    I know they definitely don't sell GH:WT guitars on their own cos I argued with them for a week and then bought the game from there.. That's how I ended up with 2 copies of the game.

Rock Band - maybe :/

I want the P-Bass..... 90 euro online incl shipping doesn't seem "too" bad now.

GH 3 guitars i think can still be got standalone, not sure about GH:WT
    Rock Band TAC Flying V's can also be gotten standalone, but i think they're only PS2/PS3 compatible unless that rock band USB adapter works with it.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    GH 3 guitars i think can still be got standalone, not sure about GH:WT
    Rock Band TAC Flying V's can also be gotten standalone, but i think they're only PS2/PS3 compatible unless that rock band USB adapter works with it.

I pretty sure it's still possible to get GH3 and GH2 xbox controllers alone.

I "think" I've seen GH:A guitars standalone in gamestop or something.

• Advertisement

I "think" I've seen GH:A guitars standalone in gamestop or something.

Wouldn't surprise me, a way of getting rid of the GH3 guitars and the faceplates at the same time.

Wouldn't surprise me, a way of getting rid of the GH3 guitars and the faceplates at the same time.

and why not....

The tilt sensitivity on them annoys me though.

and why not....

The tilt sensitivity on them annoys me though.

I'm used to them! The RB TAC ones are the one's i can't get used to!

Overdrive?? OVERDRIVE?? OVERDRIVE DAMNIT!!!! There we go!

Just back on this, but guess who went ape after (feeling he was) being screwed over by Green Grass and High Tides on Expert and smashed his wireless Les Paul to smithereens? Yep, so now i'm looking for a Wireless 360 controller. Anyone with any idea where these can be found standalone would be greatly appreciated. :)

smashed his wireless Les Paul to smithereens? Yep, so now i'm looking for a Wireless 360 controller. Anyone with any idea where these can be found standalone would be greatly appreciated. :)

Try the bin.. That's all they are good for :pac:

I've tried a pile of RB wired guitars now and half of them were perfect, the other half generally have a tilt sensitivity problem.. where you have to either headbang to make it work, or hold it upright for about 10 seconds. My one is perfect though and I love it :D

The main problem with the les pauls... GH:WT one and the GH3 version... is that the tilt sensitivity seems to be too sensitive in a high percentage of them. My GH3 les paul is annoying because it activates the whole time... It was funny the first time when playing GH:WT where the les paul guitarist was stealing all the star power, but now it's just plain annoying. I bought a new GH:WT guitar and it's still very sensitive, but at least you can breath while playing without deploying star power (barely).

• Advertisement

The main problem with the les pauls... GH:WT one and the GH3 version... is that the tilt sensitivity seems to be too sensitive in a high percentage of them. My GH3 les paul is annoying because it activates the whole time... It was funny the first time when playing GH:WT where the les paul guitarist was stealing all the star power, but now it's just plain annoying. I bought a new GH:WT guitar and it's still very sensitive, but at least you can breath while playing without deploying star power (barely).

Where'd you get the GHWT guitar on it's own, Cully?

Where'd you get the GHWT guitar on it's own, Cully?

I didn't... I got it with a disc.

Which is why I ended up with 2 copies of GH:WT and I'm pissed off with that.

Dont be, you can register twice for the song bundles and get all 10 tracks instead of five! ;)

Now, back to the hunt for a standalone guitar...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

eh,sell one? :D

Dont be, you can register twice for the song bundles and get all 10 tracks instead of five! ;)

Now, back to the hunt for a standalone guitar...

eBay is probably your best chance. Well, I gave the extra disc to someone for their birthday, so that sorted that issue.
    jackncoke wrote: »
    eh,sell one? :D

Yes.. I was going to do that.. or actually trade it back to Gamestop for €33 store credit (which is pretty good). I found a use for it.

I'm still pissed off at the fact that I had to buy another copy of the same disc to get a spare guitar. I was pissed off at GH1 for not being able to buy the guitar separately also..

You'd think that after there's a ton of these type of games released, you could get the game and guitar separately... For feck sake, it's a game that incorporates 2 guitars, yet to get the 2 guitars, you have to buy the same disc twice? How stupid is that? I wouldn't mind if it was a one player game, or if only one guitar was possible on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

hey, where did you buy the ion drums from?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

pretty sure they sell them at www.rockbandparts.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

For anyone looking for Guitar Hero guitars give Smyths a look, GH2 and GH Aersmith for €40 each, with guitars. GH2 has the wired explorer and Aerosmith the wireless Les Paul with a red paint job.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

Recon wrote: »
    For anyone looking for Guitar Hero guitars give Smyths a look, GH2 and GH Aersmith for €40 each, with guitars. GH2 has the wired explorer and Aerosmith the wireless Les Paul with a red paint job.

what format are these for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Xbox and PS3 anyway, maybe the Wii too but can't remember if I saw that one.

• Advertisement

Those GHIII/Aerosmith ones are verrrrrry dodgy though, the Les Pauls are bloody terrible.
    The GHWT one is very nice though. I've improved lots using it.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Red Gibson for the win! Seriously though, best guitar controller thus far... I may check out GH2 for the 360 though, if only for the guitar.

Advertisement