Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty therapy at FAS???

Options
  • 02-01-2009 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Ok wasnt sure where to put this so feel free to move this mods???

ok so im doing beauty therapy at the moment and ive only started in september gone part time one night a week. Now my problem is ive heard that the fas beauty traineeship might be starting soon and they pay you to do it??does anyone know what the story is with FAS traineeships???are they recognised worldwide???etc etc

is it worthwhile quitting my current 2 year part time course that i paid 200stg for that is a NVQ level 2 course or should i stay put??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 angeleyes00

I DID THE FAS BEAUTY THERAPY AND YOU QUALIFY IN BOTH ITEC AND CIBTAC(WHICH IS WHAT YOU NEED) COULDNT RECCOMEND THIS COURSE ENOUGH,WE WERE PAID 200PER WEEK AND ALSO GOT TRAVEL ALLOWANCE,I WOULDNT CONSIDER GIVING UP WHAT YOUR CURRENTLY DOING AS THERE IS A VERY LONG LIST FOR THIS FAS COURSE,YOUR BETTER OFF PUTTING YOUR NAME DOWN FOR IT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

• Registered Users Posts: 47 edel26

Hi
    I'm also considering doing this course? Can you tell us more - regarding application etc??

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tigs_

Not meaning to cut the arse of anybody here,but what planet are you ones on??Jaysus mary and joseph..FAS in case you didnt realise..Has been the centre of a training scandal,where tutours were illegally passing students (with unemployed status) fetac courses!
    Employers are skeptical about hiring ' FAS graduates ' in case you did not realise ,even if you did your own course honestly,they will take the recent scandals and the fact that tutours have been conducting themselves in a corrupt manner into account.
    In my experience mentioning the dreaded FAS in an interview can seal your fate(eg you do not get hired).
    I would reccomend saving the pennies there are cheap courses out there and you can still apply for a student grant( even if you are not UCC third level ) you dont need to be on a college campus to apply for a grant,if you have a limitied income you can apply i asked my tutour in a night class about this and she put me on to the right people to get in contact with.

Whatever you do make sure you have a C.V that doesnt have ?? questions all over it..Your employer to be might be thinking i wonder did s/ he pass that course without any assistance from a tutour??

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carareen

reply to flynnser19:

i am wondering what course in beauty therapy were you doing part time for 2 years it sounds very interesting!

thank you

Advertisement