Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords

Options
  • 02-01-2009 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Was just in there this evening looking at sat navs and was just wondering are they on commission to sell/push Garmin products.Thats all they have to test and had posters up everywhere for Garmin too.I had decided to get the Navigon 2110 Max because of the price,it has good features and the reviews have been very very good too.The sales guy came over and I asked had they got one in stock he said they had but they were a piece of **** and the tom toms arent much better.He was going on about Garmin this and Garmin that.So there was no sale there.Does anyone have any experience of this Navigon sat nav too compared to the Garmin 205 that he tried to sell me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The products they push are purely based on commercial considerations, it's exactly the same when you're buying tyres, one day Brand x is the bees knees, the next day they're rubbishing them and selling Brand y.

Garmin are obviously doing a good sales job and may even be paying incentives direct to the staff in the store you visited.

There isn't much you can do except take your business elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I think you went about your purchase the right way, by doing your own research.
    The web is full of info, and a little time checking out the different models is well worth the effort.
    If you've decided on the Navigon, because of reviews, ease of use, features or price; then you should stick with that choice.
    I've never used a Navigon, but I've a few TomTom units and I've used Garmin units as well. To be completely honest, I found choosing between them really difficult, as it's down to personal preference in the end up.
    Halfords can sometimes be a bit pushy, so make up your mind, and go for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

I found them very expensive for sat navs. i was looking at the garmin 265w and i think they were one hundred euro dearer than dabs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Was just in there this evening looking at sat navs and was just wondering are they on commission to sell/push Garmin products.Thats all they have to test and had posters up everywhere for Garmin too.I had decided to get the Navigon 2110 Max because of the price,it has good features and the reviews have been very very good too.The sales guy came over and I asked had they got one in stock he said they had but they were a piece of **** and the tom toms arent much better.He was going on about Garmin this and Garmin that.So there was no sale there.Does anyone have any experience of this Navigon sat nav too compared to the Garmin 205 that he tried to sell me.

Mate, the exact same thing happened to me before Christmas.
    Was eyeing up the Route66 mini they had on sale and wanted to try before buying and the salesguy literally told me it was rubbish, he couldn't let me look at it and to buy the (130 euro?) Garmin instead.
    Missed out on the Route66 in the end- they were sold out the next day.
    Was really pi$$ed off about it.

Advertisement