Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beverly Cooper Flynn, cleaning up at taxpayers expense again!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Darragh29 wrote: »
    There is obviously something wrong up there when a candidate with this attitude gets elected as a TD. Sorry if you take that type of a consideration up as an affort to the whole constituency, I'm all for democracy but anyone who votes for a candidate with a neck that is clearly made of granite, who has been baptised and initiated with the sewerage, p*ss and sh*t that is associated with the FF organisation, should be ashamed of themselves.

Darragh it is not just Mayo.
    Charlie Haughey's son gets elected, is even touted as minister and look what damage daddy did to this state and politics within the state.
    Bertie is still lorded in Drumcondra and other parts to be finsest and best leader the country ever had.
    He even refuses to explain to a tribunal where he got the money used in most of his bank transactions, then he tells people that highligh the sh** coming down the track to feck off and committ suicide :rolleyes:
    Tipp elects Lowry who didn't bother paying taxes, and who some people reckon still may have questions to answer regarding awarding of mobile phones licenses.
    AFAIK Galway still has a sitting co councillor who defrauded the tax payer, and tried to frame an inocent man of criminal wrong doing :mad:

The Irish people have to dump this mentality of "ah sure fare f***ks to him, he is getting one over the system, he's/she's a cute one".

Well the system is us all and not some mythical group of Civil Servants, the English or the EU.
    The system that they are screwing is the Irish people which inlcudes you, me and the dumb smucks that voted in these chancers and theives.
    We are all the system, we all make up the state.
    And when someone robs, defrauds or wastes the money of the state they are wasting OUR money, not some other person's money.
    They are wasting the money that could help someone's sick mother in hospital or someone's kid's school.
    Some day that someone could even be one of the dumb smucks that voted for these chancers.
    People should remember that the next time the cute hoor comes calling to be elected.
    I despair they won't :confused:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Darragh29 wrote: »
    What kind of idiots are electing the Flynn's and their ilk???
    Exactly, idiots!
    asdasd wrote: »
    I think the people at the rural bottom think that if Dublin 4 gets away with tribunals, the medical cartel, the law cartel, the top jobs in the civil service, and banking bonuses for failed muppets who couldnt run a piggy bank, then the little people should get their share. Or at least some of them should.

Silly I know.
    Having spoken to a few Flynn supporters in Mayo, that's exactly the attitude
    delop wrote: »
    I think it says a lot about the ppl of mayos attitude , She might be a crook , but she is out crook....
    Yep, I heard that sort of thing from her supporters too.
    We were in a pub in Clonbur for a weekend, and couldn't believe we found a load of Flynn supporters! After asking why they voted this crook in, they said "sure they're all on the take", as if that made it ok.
    Of course when asked if it was ok if their local parish priest was a paedophile and touched up kids because "sure all the priests were at it" they couldn't answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Abraham

Well, as sure as there was a miracle in Knock the Flynn dynasty will be back so don't go too far now with all this ranting. Beidh la eile....beidh la eile. Some of ye ought to be ashamed of yourselves, attacking people when they are at their most vulnerable.

Sure wasn't everybody getting on fine before all this blew up ? There were no problems, the bill with RTE had been sorted, the court case was receding fast and a ministerial post looked a real possibility and now this row starts for no justifiable reason that I can see.

I think the real truth is that ye have become so inured with the bad economic outlook that ye have decided to attack the nearest person and make mountains out of what are really molehills. Once that ignorant mob mentality gets going innocent people get hurt but ye don't care. Ye have to spill blood to satisfy ye're own disappointments.

Rest assured that down here, Bev is royalty and it will take a lot more than a few snotty nosed upstarts to sully her good name.

Look here, it's not Bev's fault that the weather's cold, that the economy is in freefall, that our saviour of recent years Bertie felt he should yield to a fresh face, that the budget blew in Brian's face, that we are losing hundreds of jobs daily.

Well, there's quality in Bev and she won't be browbeaten by this minor irritation caused by those who don't know their place. Oh, at times like this how I long for the likes of ChaH who knew a thing or two about keeping the masses in check.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Fianna Fail are the ones who are going to suffer over this.

The Flynn dynasty is one of the most odious things within the Fianna Fail organisation. Remember Pee Flynn in 1999 ? This was a man who had turfed Mary Harney out of her Junior Minister's office, and placed his press secretary there.

Cooper-Flynn is as arrogant and brass necked as they come. The fact that Bertie accepted her back into the fold speaks volumes of his judgement

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Het-Field wrote: »
    The fact that Bertie accepted her back into the fold speaks volumes of his judgement

Depends on your viewpoint, in a way. While I completely agree that the money-sucking scum and chancers should be weeded out of politics (and that would imply that a decent leader would evict her for the good of the country), Bertie's agenda/priorities were different:

1) Keep power at all costs
    2) Avoid kicking people out for dodgy finances and deals to avoid any accusations of "kettle, pot" down the line

So his "judgement" was spot-on, but unfortunately his aim and agenda was self and party preservation and f**k the public....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I will make a bold prediction that she will not be in receipt of that allowance in March.

I would love to say that someone who in these times rides the taxpayer like that, worth around €60k gross ie if taxes were payed,would get kicked out next election. In rural Irish politics however it seems to be a badge of honour, and people like her will be re-elected with increased margin.

There are plenty of examples and plenty more like her.

That's what would concern me most.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Sure was it not her sister that was driving around in a mini bus or something with no insurance but then i suppose insurance and paying bills is for the little people ! Ya should try it some time !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Depends on your viewpoint, in a way. While I completely agree that the money-sucking scum and chancers should be weeded out of politics (and that would imply that a decent leader would evict her for the good of the country), Bertie's agenda/priorities were different:

1) Keep power at all costs
    2) Avoid kicking people out for dodgy finances and deals to avoid any accusations of "kettle, pot" down the line

So his "judgement" was spot-on, but unfortunately his aim and agenda was self and party preservation and f**k the public....

Actually bertie never really distanced himself from the flynns.
    He was down in Castlebar lording around the town with both "pee" and "beaker" before one election.
    Even at that time she was embroiled in one of her court cases and most sane politicans would have ran a mile from her, but not bertie.
    Funny how he reinstated her just before he left office and before pee made an appearance at a tribunal :rolleyes:
    IMHO there are more than a few skeletons buried out around Liffey Valley/Quarryvale/West Link and I would bet daddy "pee" knows who put them there. :rolleyes:
    Darsad wrote: »
    Sure was it not her sister that was driving around in a mini bus or something with no insurance but then i suppose insurance and paying bills is for the little people ! Ya should try it some time !!

AFAIK she was not alone driving a bus but it did school runs.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Abraham

Just heard that our Bev has decided to give up that Independent Allowance. So once again, a Flynn has impaled herself/herself on a FlynnSword and made a great sacrifice on behalf of the people but will there be any appreciation of this ?.....not a bit of it, you'll see.

But as I've told ye, cream will always rise to the top and I have every belief that the legions of intelligent, educated, astute people who have supported her all along will not see her abandoned and harassed by those who know little.

B-E-V stands for Bravery - Eminence - Valour and all these things can only be aspired to by others less fortunate.

As ye drive the fine roads of magical Mayo, ye should remember where ye got them. Leave our charismatic high-minded public representative alone now to pickup the pieces and get on with serving the people who appreciate and deserve her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Abraham wrote: »
    Just heard that our Bev has decided to give up that Independent Allowance. So once again, a Flynn has impaled herself/herself on a FlynnSword and made a great sacrifice on behalf of the people but will there be any appreciation of this ?.....not a bit of it, you'll see.

But as I've told ye, cream will always rise to the top and I have every belief that the legions of intelligent, educated, astute people who have supported her all along will not see her abandoned and harassed by those who know little.

B-E-V stands for Bravery - Eminence - Valour and all these things can only be aspired to by others less fortunate.

As ye drive the fine roads of magical Mayo, ye should remember where ye got them. Leave our charismatic high-minded public representative alone now to pickup the pieces and get on with serving the people who appreciate and deserve her.

Either the worst troll ever, or best piece of scarcasm ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Darsad wrote: »
    Personally I dont blame her I would take it too . As previously said I agree and blame the muppets that voted for her .It is the dirty face of parish pump politics.
    That is what she quietly utters to herself every night before bed time in her Castle (yes it's a castle) off the N5 in Castlebar.

And not everyone in Mayo voted for her either. Enda Kenny and Fine Gael are very popular in Mayo and around the Castlebar area.

She makes me sick, but these are the kind of people they are. They're not in politics for the 'greater good' or to achieve 'change'. Bev is in politics to make as much as she can whenever she can.

It is both ironic and sad that she holds a position in the government related to education. If I was a parent I wouldn't let her within touching distance of my child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I am not a BCF fan by any stretch of the imagination.

But Im even less of an RTE fan after her High Court Case - in my book Charlie Birds brand of journalism lost credibility as did the editorial teams.There is nothing they could do to restore my trust.

The real jury was in her constituency and they voted.

RTE should stick to reporting weather , cattle prices and GAA results.

Quint wrote: »
    Either the worst troll ever, or best piece of scarcasm ever!
    Nah, that sounds like just the kind of person who would vote for her ;)

K4t wrote: »

It is both ironic and sad that she holds a position in the government related to education. If I was a parent I wouldn't let her within touching distance of my child.

Im not a fan - she is very capable and survived where others wouldnt or couldnt.

Thats what you want in a politician- and having responsibility she is tough and can use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

CDfm wrote: »
    Im not a fan - she is very capable and survived where others wouldnt or couldnt.

Thats what you want in a politician- and having responsibility she is tough and can use it.
    Beverly Cooper Flynn has what you want in a politician? No wonder the country is ****ed.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Beverly Cooper Flynn has what you want in a politician? No wonder the country is ****ed.
    I am not a fan of Irish Politicians and the political system which is partisan at best.It is an extremely inefficient system and IMHO adminstratively inept.

But if a politician is operating in that type of environment then she has the skills better than most.

I am not a fan of Irish Politicians and the political system which is partisan at best.It is an extremely inefficient system and IMHO adminstratively inept.

But if a politician is operating in that type of environment then she has the skills better than most.

Please get real! She was taking €41,000 a year that did not belong to her. She was getting paid for two jobs while doing only one! It was both shameful and immoral.

And you do realise that she is not taking any great stance hear or showing her understanding of the economic situation and the lives of ordinary hard working citizens, because if nobody had reported this, if the papers had not taken the story to such lengths as they did, she would never have dreamt of giving it up of her own accord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Mossyfields

With her experience in money matters, perhaps she could be minister for finance.

With her experience in money matters, perhaps she could be minister for finance.
    I would be a great Minister for Finance.

I would go through all the budgets and cut all spending thats not absolutely nesscessary -starting with Womens Aids 40m and all this grant in aid stuff, I would save billions.

And I would put Bev on TV explaining the cuts. I would also give her special responsibility for broadcasting and RTE licence fees safe in the knowledge that she has a keen interest and would cover the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I will make a bold prediction that she will not be in receipt of that allowance in March.

Well she ain't in receipt of it anymore so prediction correct!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

does the fact that she had to pay for her own expenses when she was kicked out of FF not entitle her to keep the money now. just to say i think she is disgraceful and not a fan of hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I won't bother reading all of this thread, but has anyone mentioned that when Liam Twomey joined Fine Gael, he offered to give them this allowance, but they told him to keep it?

Double standards from allot of posters methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 doomedtofail

If you have a grievance it is your right to report it to a TD of the Dail

beverly.flynn@oireachtas.ie

I know I have...

K4t wrote: »
    Please get real! She was taking €41,000 a year that did not belong to her. She was getting paid for two jobs while doing only one! It was both shameful and immoral.
    Actually, if she had been elected as a FF'er, the money would have gone to FF to pay for her offices and stuff.

So she would have probably gotten most of it anyway, just not directly into her account. Instead the party would have given it to her to allow her to keep her local organisation running.

So she wasn't actually getting paid more than she would have been paid if she had been elected FF (but since the Independent payment is not really audited, there was more chance of her pocketing some).

Actually, if she had been elected as a FF'er, the money would have gone to FF to pay for her offices and stuff.

So she would have probably gotten most of it anyway, just not directly into her account. Instead the party would have given it to her to allow her to keep her local organisation running.

So she wasn't actually getting paid more than she would have been paid if she had been elected FF (but since the Independent payment is not really audited, there was more chance of her pocketing some).
    So it really is a lot of hotair over nothing.

Fcek -the country has more pressing issues the BCF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 doomedtofail

What are you talking about "survived where others couldn't"

Are you for fcking real??

By "survived" I assume you mean she stuck that Deirdre Barlow turkey neck of hers under the covers and waited for it all to blow over in the past.

In Britain a public representative will always do the right thing and resign when rumbled. This country is in greater defecit than the British ever allowed us to be in when they ruled. It's disgusting to say it but the British did a better job (in almost every way) ruling and subjugating us than we ever have freely...and that's after over 80 years of ineptitude and bumbling...I'm ashamed this amoral ethical vaccum represents any Irish people...even if they are absolute imbeciles living off a roundabout in Castlebar

So it really is a lot of hotair over nothing.

Fcek -the country has more pressing issues the BCF.
    Not quite hot air, but it's a little more complicated than many people seem to get.
    Allot of people think that she was getting €41,000 extra, but the difference is that the money is going straight to her, without being monitored by the party.

• Advertisement

Not quite hot air, but it's a little more complicated than many people seem to get.
    Allot of people think that she was getting €41,000 extra, but the difference is that the money is going straight to her, without being monitored by the party.
    So what you are saying is that the party pay her expenses and the issue is a procedural one and the she is getting the 41k via a different route.

No big deal.

Advertisement