Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumcondra in darkness!!

Options
  • 02-01-2009 11:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Just came up botanic avenue past fagans' and the whole area is pitch black.
    There were no street lights,traffic lights or anything else.I was supposed to turn right heading towards town but there was no way i was gonna try and make a turn with no traffic lights.
    The customers were still in Fagans from what i could see.
    The light returned up towards whitehall but i've never seen a blackout that affected traffic lights before!
    Anybody know what happpend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

You were going to take a right into town, but you ended up going left and ended up as far up as Whitehall??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Im in Finglas and a while ago all the lights flashed for a sec. No idea what caused it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No lights flashin in Finglas for me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Bluetonic wrote: »
    You were going to take a right into town, but you ended up going left and ended up as far up as Whitehall??

I was looking for a chemist.It didnt need to be in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I've seen it happen twice before in Drumcondra. Edit: affected Ballybough and North Circular Rd too, pretty much the entire surrounding area
    When Croke Park first installed flood lights they were regularly tested for many hours every day.

Twice the power got knocked out in the area and the residents committee said it was due to this. Maybe they need to turn them on in sequence and not all at once, I'm no electrician or engineer so I don't realy know how it works but they sure do extensive testing in Croke Park.

Maybe the lights were on tonight, they are often left on until 10pm. Twas great to have Clonliffe Rd bathed in light

• Advertisement
Advertisement