Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11th Doctor Announced TOMORROW

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

basquille wrote: »
    First time I've posted here but another rumoured actor to play the doc is the excellent Chiwetel Ejiofor, who most Sci-Fi fans would know as the "baddie" from Serenity.
    That'd be an interesting choice. He could draw on some of his old roles and play a cross-dressing version of the Doctor - the fact he now wears a dress would immediately give him his own "costume".
    And having just finished Survivors, Paterson Joseph would be an absolutely perfect choice also.
    Is 'Survivors' worth watching? I heard mixed things about it - that it doesn't really get the sense of an apocalypse across and is a bit of a soap opera. Are they valid criticisms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

ixoy wrote: »
    Is 'Survivors' worth watching? I heard mixed things about it - that it doesn't really get the sense of an apocalypse across and is a bit of a soap opera. Are they valid criticisms?

It had a lot of potential. But just didn't really work in the end. Everyone is too f*cking middleclass in it and they all take the apocalypse in it's stride and everyone retires to little country houses.

I think I only made it 4 episodes in.... Paterson Joseph was good in it though, when he was given anything to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Let's not forget Colin Salmon as well. He's been in the running since DT announced his departure. Plus, he was on Soccer AM this morning. I didn't see it yet, and he probably didn't say anything, but the fact that he was acually on it is interesting, giving that the new Dr would be announced later the same day. OMG, less than hour to go!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Chiwetel Ejiofor eh? An interseting choice. He's a stellar actor & I really enjoy his work. It was a lot of what he did that made the Serenity "baddie" work, so I'd be all for that idea. He seems to have spent a lot of the last few years in America though, so not sure if BBC work would be his thing?

Oh and just to continue the Nighy love, I love his small work in Hot Fuzz:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8npX7qL1IQ
    "Yessssssss I can, I'm the Chief Inspector"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

29 minutes until showtime....BBC One....

would anyone laugh if we found out that it was Philip Glenister, and then John Simm could be the Time Lord, and they could have this absurd Life On Mars in the Future relationship....I think that would be rather amusing, even if it would never happen.

Honestly, I hope its someone as good as Tennant, and thats saying a lot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Let's not forget Colin Salmon as well. He's been in the running since DT announced his departure. Plus, he was on Soccer AM this morning. I didn't see it yet, and he probably didn't say anything, but the fact that he was acually on it is interesting, giving that the new Dr would be announced later the same day. OMG, less than hour to go!!!

Also, CS was in Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead, which was written by... Steven Moffat.
    pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh and just to continue the Nighy love, I love his small work in Hot Fuzz:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8npX7qL1IQ
    "Yessssssss I can, I'm the Chief Inspector"

I'd love to see CS as Dr11, but my second pick is definately Bill Nighy. Living legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Has anyone copped that it might be Simon Pegg? He's presenting the show according to the Sky EPG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1741002/yr

They have said its going to be the youngest Doctor yet and hes 26

They have said its going to be the youngest Doctor yet
    And that he'd be called an unknown, so definitely not Simon Pegg.

ixoy wrote: »
    And that he'd be called an unknown, so definitely not Simon Pegg.

Well they said not totally unknown and has had several leading parts already

• Advertisement

eamon234 wrote: »
    Well they said not totally unknown and has had several leading parts already
    Simon Pegg is very well known by British star standards - he's been the lead in Hollywood movies! No way it's him.

However, could easily be any of the other names been bandied about here - including this Salmon chap or Al Johnson from "Peep Show". They've not been ruled out.

Edit: Hmmm, they've said that he's younger than Peter Davison when he took on the role (29), so that would appear to rule out Patterson and Colin Salmon (going by IMDB).

True plus he's got to be younger than Tennant Moffat said he's 26

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jesus, this show is a bore, they're really dragging out the suspence

And it's ... Matt Smith?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Matt Smith is the new Doctor.....................who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1741002/yr

They have said its going to be the youngest Doctor yet and hes 26

Bingo

Face palm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭321654

Bye Bye Dr Who.

Might as well call it Dr 90210 now.

What the f*ck?

The new Doctor is some dozy looking emo kid I have never heard of. Well I'm disapointed, mixed with annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Is anyone actually surprised to see Moffat start his tenure with an absolute curveball?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

uglymask.jpg

Yea, i so total can't wait to watch it when he's the star .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Really not looking forward to next year's series.:( He's coming across as an idiot.

danny.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

And he has really stupid hair, he looks like a total Hoxton Twat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

The new Doctor is younger than me:eek: that's not right at all

I can't wait for the next year and a half or so of threads about how shoite this new kid will be.

Very bad choice imo

Edit: and what a stupid way of announcing him , a look back at how great the previous doctors were
    and then were introduced to this emo kid

There's a difference between "curveball" and "what on earth are they thinking". He's a kid, there's no two ways about it & I can't honestly believe they think that this is a good idea, to make him even younger.

Unless the new timeslot means they are really going to push the younger audience now. Well bye bye Bill Nighy, Patterson, it was nice thinking you might have had the job.

The only way I can see this working is if they team him up with an older companion. Another Rose and yes, it's Hollyoaks

Certainly seems like the kind of person that makes me feel like punching them in the face...

But I'll have faith in Moffat.

The more I look at this kid, the more I'm hating this decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

How apt is that song at the end .... Thanks for the memories ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭321654

They have just kicked all of their adult viewers in the teeth imo

• Advertisement

Did they really say one of the reasons they picked him was because of his hair? WTF? Anyone can grow hair...

Advertisement