Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marillion

• 02-01-2009 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Any Marillion closet cases out there? Come on out and enjoy the sunshine.
    Remember...Happiness IS the Road!:D

P.S: Anyone going to the convention this year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Not a closet case, been a big Marillion advocate since about 1992. Met H, Steve R and Pete a few years back, really sound lads too.

Doubt we'll see them back here for a while though, which is a shame. Won't be doing Marillion weekend either, as i'm doing The Gathering (Mike Peters/The Alarm etc) in Wales in January and Whitby Gothic Weekend in April. Between that and a wedding.

Maybe in the next year or two though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bigdaddyliamo

Nice to see you loud and proud ShawnRaven!
    Looks like you are a busy bunny this year, I'll let you know how it goes:D
    I'm really enjoying Happines, it's a real grower, which s great 'cause I was really disapointed with Somewhere Else!:(

Nice to see you loud and proud ShawnRaven!
    Looks like you are a busy bunny this year, I'll let you know how it goes:D
    I'm really enjoying Happines, it's a real grower, which s great 'cause I was really disapointed with Somewhere Else!:(

SE was terrible, with only two standout tracks being Somewhere Else and The Wound. I don't know what the hell went wrong with it, as Marbles, and Anoraknaphobia before it were gems. Although the live tour for it was pretty strong.

So it's definitely good to see them on form again with the current one. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Have ordered Happiness.. and Brave from their site, hoping to see them in Hamburg on 14th February!! Still a top band imo!:D

Hi Gridlock, Let us know how the gig goes!:)
    Ah, Brave, i think i'll blow the dust off that one tonight!
    Loud with the lights off...lol:D

• Advertisement

Make sure you get the 2 disc version with all the bonus stuff on it. Well worth it. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Will do mate, can't wait!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Spurs Clone

Hi All
    Got another Marillo fan here. Saw them in Bristol in November and yes i am going to the convention, first time, so really looking forward to it.

Bigdaddyliamo, a couple of us are flying out of dublin 11:15 on 20th Mar, or we mite see u over there..?

Hi Spurs Clone! I'm on the 9.40 flight. It's my first as well, so I'm stoked about it:D. We should catch up over there, it would be nice to meet other Irish fans...if only to prove they exist...lol;)

Am up for that....i'm in a chalet or some such accomodation with some pumpkins, apparently...don't know them but they sound like a good bunch.

• Advertisement

Groovy, I'll give you a shout closer the time!

Hi Guys,
    I'm just back from the Marillion weekend in port zeeland and all I can say is WOW! Why the hell have I not been going to these before????:eek: I think this is the closest thing to a religious expierience I've ever had!:D 3 nights of fun and games, 1,000 empty glasses!
    Ha Ha I was standing besides the pumpkins on the Saturday night when they let there baloons go. Shame about the grinchy guy telling people to burst them....Booo...lol:D

Only a thousand empty glasses, must have been tame this year, from the stories i've heard. ;)

It is awesome for those kind of band weekends, i was at Gathering 17, which is similar to Marillion weekend only it's for The Alarm and it was awesome. :) Sounds like you had a good weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Marillion - the most popular t-shirt worn by contestants on the TV quiz Blockbusters.

Taken me 3 days to recover after that weekend, it was brilliant.

Bigdaddyliamo, sorry we didn't hook up, next time eh. I was wearing a green rugby shirt but not the official irish one....kept getting congratulated on our grand slam victory which i had nothing to do with but it was a great way to meet people. Met a few irish over there too. Think i counted about 14 irish on the shuttle bus list posted at the bus stop so glad we're at least in double figures....definitely up to do this again

give us a shout if ye're heading to any of the tour dates later in the year, seems like they might do a tour later this year though nothing official yet, just a rumour so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I only have 'Misplaced Childhood' and I really love it. I might check out their other albums.

I only have 'Misplaced Childhood' and I really love it. I might check out their other albums.

Clutching At Straws is definitely worth checking out, it's a little watered down compared to Misplaced.

You may or may not like the Hogarth era (I prefer it personally) stuff, but Seasons End and Brave are worth checking out as an introduction to that era too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Vicar St. Gig announced: 9 April 2018. Tickets on sale this Friday. :pac:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement