Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 objects in early Dublin night sky, Jan 2, approx. 6 PM

Options
  • 02-01-2009 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi all,

I quickly like to share a sighting I have witnessed earlier on today. I took the DART today and got off the station Raheny. As I live in Coolock Village, I would have to walk down. So I walked my usual path, first on Station Road, then left into Springdale Road, which I have to follow pretty much until the end.

If you know this road, then you know that there is a huge pitch where people play Gaelic Football or soccer, houses are a bit of a distance in the back. Nice sight at any time of the day. However this distance also gives you a more or less broader view of the sky. As I progress toward the end of the pitch, I am noticing what appear to be two huge lights in the sky. At this point it is approximately 6.02 PM (Jan 2, 2009).

As the Airport is nearby I first assumed it to be two planes in a row. It then occured to me on a second sight that they are moving very slow. They were not too far away, so if it were planes I assume they would have already kinda passed me and make their descent for the runway. However, they were not doing the initial to the runway - instead the objects appeared to continue with the slow movement.

Two minutes have passed and the object on the left of my visual now starts to a straight movement upward - vanishes in the cloud cover, shortly after it comes back out. One more time, it repeats this maneuver. The other object continued to move slowly above a part where people live.

I shortly looked away to the other object, however it catched my eye that the object I was just turning my eyes away from now accelerated and has now gone from my sight entirely. I was trying to find where it had gone, which direction, but I could not see.

The second object now also has completely gone from my sight. It however, as far as I can tell, did not accelerate or I did not see it. The objects disappeared entirely from my sight at approximately 6.05 PM.

The objects themselves appeared to have a very bright yellow-ish glow and were performing distinct movements - if I didn't know any better I'd say it was intelligently controlled.

I do not know what these objects were. It however appeared very strange to me as I do not believe that planes or helicopters would be able to demonstrate such behaviour. It should be noted that there was no noticeble sound from any kind of propulsion (which excludes helicopters).

If any one of you has been in this area and been noticing any similar lights please post here and let me know. Also, if you have been noticing any strange lights tonight, it could also be helpful to determine what these objects were.

Thanks guys and happy new year,

SE51

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

did you read the thread;lights in the sky?,i also have a thread about what questions you should ask yourself[was it a ufo you seen?],and its about the 6 most common ufos seen.sounds like you seen the amber gambler...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭The-Star

I am not saying ou did not see UFO's but we have used chinese lanterns and they can do funny things like what you saw. There was something in the newspapers lately about UFO seen in an area. It turned out that they were these lanterns let off by a wedding party.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

I totally saw them!
    I was just walking through Crumlin shopping centre car park around that time with my girlfriend and pointed it out to her joking about it being a UFO, but the more I looked the more odd it seemed. Looked exactly like someone was playing around with those outdoor lazer show lights but there was no beam leading to the ground which would most definitely have been visible as there was some fog, it was almost like they were lights coming from above the cloud. The movement was random back and forth across the sky so I wouldn't say it was from a craft. It was very noticeable, I'm sure half of Dublin saw it but passed no heed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Its crazy that stuff like this can be visibly seen in dublin, because Im only out in Kildare and the sky is ALIGHT at night, light moving across the sky at a speed and direction that a plane never could.

The most mental night I saw the sky was out in Meath, driving home to Dublin one night I had to stop. There was no street lights, just country road, I pulled over and the amount of shooting stars were unreal.

The unnatural lighting of the towns/cities take away from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I live out Coolock way myself. Wasn't there at the time though. I'll be sure to ask around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement