Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameStop

Options
  • 02-01-2009 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

I went to Newry a few days ago, I had 'accumalated' £60 to spend :D

I wanted to buy an additional PS3 Dualshock.

I went into GameStop, It was quite busy actually. They had one for £40.

So I pick the controller up and walk up to the line, There are 3 tills open, The one I picked was on the far right and had 3 people in queue.

So I finnaly get to the top of the queue, But 'my' cashier just walks off, I thought nothing of it, He will return in a minute I thought.

30 MINUTES LATER he still hasn't returned, I throw the PS3 controller at the till and walk out.

I then go to Argos, There is 1 person in the queue and they have a PS3 controller for £35.

I order it, And my collection time was 1 minute (it actually was).

I think this is absolutely appauling behavior from GameStop, And their prices are ridiculous. :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

Did you not get the hint after 5 mins never mind 30 mins:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

You stood there for 30 minutes..? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

CutzEr wrote: »

30 MINUTES LATER he still hasn't returned, I throw the PS3 controller at the till and walk out.

Please tell us this is an exaggeration. I'd wait 3-4 minutes max! And you didn't throw it, you left it down.
    You should work for the Daily Mail with this sensationalist style of writing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Bigger fool you for waiting 30 minutes, maybe they were testing the silly customer to see how long you'd wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

Thats ridiculous, why didn't you go to the next line when you realised the cashier wasn't coming back?
    At least you saved £5!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mikemac wrote: »
    Please tell us this is an exaggeration. I'd wait 3-4 minutes max! And you didn't throw it, you left it down.
    You should work for the Daily Mail with this sensationalist style of writing :D

Your some fool if you waited 30min and if you didn;t then don';t exaggerate things and if you must continue to you should apply to work for one of the raggs like the sun or daily mail.

So you think gamestop is overpriced but you went there first to buy the item...again bigger fool you, its your job to shop around and buy an item for the best price its not gamestops or anyone elses to provide you with the best price.

I could sell the same controller for 150 but I am not forcing anyone to buy it, people can off there own free will go elsewhere to buy it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I throw the PS3 controller at the till and walk out.

Do you want to explain that? If you did throw it you would have been kicked out and barred
    So realy, I doubt you threw anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Nice friendly community I see..

I did throw it; Not a strong throw and I just threw it on the empty till (also, It wasn't actually a controller it was a 50g - 100g plastic case that said Dualshock3 on it)

Of course I did not stand there for 30 minutes, I asked the other cashiers between the short breaks they had with all 'their' customers if they could serve me, They said you will have to go to the back of their line which was about 7-10 people, I would be waiting 30 minutes anyways..

@mikemac : I really doubt that would happen, And how they would stop me with a shopping centre absouletly packed (I would estimate at least 2000) and with no security guards, Besides I woulden't go back there anyways :D
    And ermm I don't think the Daily Mail would hire me :/

Thanks to anyone else who has called me an idiot also, You've made my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

That is what I have just said isin't it? I said 'also, It wasn't actually a controller it was a 50g - 100g plastic case that said Dualshock3 on it'

Read the post before spamming your post count up in future k?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

CutzEr Take it easy. There's a saying on the internet "Attack the post, not the poster".

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Wasn't "a few days ago" Christmas week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Of course I did not stand there for 30 minutes, I asked the other cashiers between the short breaks they had with all 'their' customers if they could serve me, They said you will have to go to the back of their line which was about 7-10 people, I would be waiting 30 minutes anyways..

Ah, I see. So the 30 MINUTES LATER caps weren't emphasis of your outrage at the long wait, but instead an indication of an imaginary time that you did not in fact wait? Excellent, glad we've cleared that up.

Anyways, back on topic... did you find the manager and report the bad service? Have you complained to GameStop? If you don't complain, nothing changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

dudara wrote: »
    CutzEr Take it easy. There's a saying on the internet "Attack the post, not the poster".

dudara

THeres also one there that says Thou Shalt Not Hurl Fake Controllers. verily.

Advertisement