Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vitimin c

• 03-01-2009 12:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭

was at the doctor today coz i have the flu.she told me to use the juice of 4 oranges to 1 lemon as a good way of getting vitimin c but i think she ment for them to be boiled!can anyone shed some light on this coz i was too sick to fully take in what she was telling me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

yabadabado wrote: »
    was at the doctor today coz i have the flu.she told me to use the juice of 4 oranges to 1 lemon as a good way of getting vitimin c but i think she ment for them to be boiled!can anyone shed some light on this coz i was too sick to fully take in what she was telling me.

I thought that boiling removed most, if not all of the Vit C..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

A hot water toddy of a few cut up lemons with added honey is a great way of getting your vit c and clearing any congestion .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭D/C

Just heat up the drink! just had one myself and feeling better for it now! You dont have to boil it just heat it up a bit, you could also add a bit of suger to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

asked in the chemist this morning .they told me not to boil it just heat it up .i bought some of those vitimin c tablets that you drop into a glass of water anyway.thanks for the replies.

Advertisement