Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 modding

• 03-01-2009 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I'm thinking of modding my ps2 to play Ntsc games...

when i search it i get forum threads from four years ago...

I'm guessing that there is a pretty simple way of doing this now...

I am able to solder but i assume i can buy a chip i don't need to solder on...

Anyone done it recently? Links to places that sell the chips would be cool...

Thanks for the help...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,192 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Chipping a PS2 is actually quite difficult, unless your a very confident solderer it might be too tough to do.

IMO the best bet is to get your memory card soft modded (Google Free Mcboot for more info)

If your interested in getting it done let me know. I'll try respond before some one else swoops in again :pac::p

Off Topic:
    There was an Alan Dugan that did Electronic engineering in NUIG, same person?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

you dont need to physically mod anything, buy this bad boy, it does it all

http://www.mementoteam.com/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,192 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Free McBoot is the basically the same thing except you use a regular Ps2 memory card instead

Advertisement