Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leather Repair

Options
  • 03-01-2009 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

My lovely new leather jackets got ripped in a vain attempt by pickpockets to get my wallet. So does anyone know anywhere in Galway or in ireland really that would be able to repair it professionally? It's an actual rip in the leather, not even the seam so I'm looking for somewhere really good. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Heaslips Dry cleaners (opposite M&S & Debenhams) do it AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

That's terrible, OP :(

where do you think the pickpockets got you?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Anu

It was in Glasgow. Not impressed. They didn't get anything cos my wallet was in my bag but the jacket is only two weeks old, and it's from Belgium so I can't get another one handily if this one can't be repaired. :( It's good the wallet was in my bag at any rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Bastids!
    Sounds like you may need it faced and invisibly stiched- I d bring it to a really good seamstress wouldnt go to heslips if I were you- there is a talior above vina mara in Augstine street that is imo excellant. He is deaf and dumb but one look and will know what needs to be done!
    I'd recomend him.
    Again Bastids -a new jacket and all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Bastids!
    Sounds like you may need it faced and invisibly stiched- I d bring it to a really good seamstress wouldnt go to heslips if I were you- there is a talior above vina mara in Augstine street that is imo excellant. He is deaf and dumb but one look and will know what needs to be done!
    I'd recomend him.

+1

He's excellent. His name is McDonagh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Have a look at this website. http://www.smartfix.ie/
    I know he fixes Leather Furniture and I had a friend raving about a repair this guy did on a leather suite that had been cut with a stanley knife.
    Apparently the join was almost impossible to find after the repair.
    I'm not sure what he can do with jackets but no harm in ringing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Anu

Is the guy above Vina Mara a cobbler? And did he used to be based in Mervue cos if it's the guy I'm thinking of, he is brilliant

Advertisement