Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] BRAND NEW boards fifa club team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Definitely!

Bit cheeky of me to request the left wing now?? :D

Well lads I don't know if its just me but after nearly 60 games I'm starting to get tired of playing as Valencia. If we do decide to change teams id like to throw Argentina into the hat.

Starting XI

Abbondanzieri

Zanetti
    Demichelis----Coloachini(sp?) ----Heinze

Mascherano

Maxi
    Messi

Riquelme

Tevez
    Aguero

That's the team I would choose but I cant choose the team by myself. Id like to see if people agree or disagree.

Just a few quick points:

#If you pick any position in midfield please track back.

#Kilamangiro: the other night when you were playing up front every time straight from kick off you would try and run the pitch giving the ball to the other team and putting us under pressure immediately. Pass the ball back.

#Wheres are the lads that said they could play defensive positions? Everyone that comes on tries to get the 2 striker positions or if there gone the winger positions. no one picks defensive midfield, Full back etc.

#Bubs101: I cancelled your invite because I sent it to you around a week and a half ago. You have been online but you haven't accepted.

#Also their are other lads that haven't played 1 match for the club yet. i think if you don't play by the end of the week Ill have to take you off the team. Whats the point in joining if your not going to play.

Sorry if it sounds like I've gone on a bit of rant but its just little things that will make the club better.

Anyway lads Ill be on after the United match if anyone is up for games.

Note to players that want to join- Send me a message on Xbox live if you want to join. But at this stage We have too many strikers and wingers so don't choose those positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Sorry that I have only been on for a few games one night. Im mostly online during the day when there are no-one else playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

i really disagree with picking argentina. I think we need to pick a side with quick, powerful forwards, Eto'o, Drogba, Torres and the like.
    I still think Arsenal would be a great team to pick, they have great pace all through their side and Adebayor is a beast up front. The pace they have at the back also really helps against United, Villa, Barca etc.

I like Argentina as a team, but they are just too lightweight up front imo. We played as them during the last incarnation of this team and we had no success with them.

But obviously the majority rules. It will be interesting to hear suggestions.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

By changing team are we not starting from scratch again, does that not defeat the purpose of playing it, ie trying to get into a league and a division and ranking? I know its a good bit of craic but im just curious as to what happens if we change team. Like if its just for the fun we are playing then its all the one i guess. Im not too pushed either way about changing so whatever the others that usually play with us think

• Advertisement

I still think Arsenal would be a great team to pick, they have great pace all through their side and Adebayor is a beast up front.

I told the lads that we wouldn't pick a team that's a rival of United, Liverpool etc.

Axwell wrote: »
    By changing team are we not starting from scratch again, does that not defeat the purpose of playing it, ie trying to get into a league and a division and ranking?

We'll still keep our ranking, Games record etc if we change teams.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

We'll still keep our ranking, Games record etc if we change teams.

ok thats grand so, i dont mind then whatever the others that we regularly play with think suits me.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

I told the lads that we wouldn't pick a team that's a rival of United, Liverpool etc.

fair enough. Other suggestions would be Bayern Munich (Podolski has loads of pace, as do Schweinsteiger and Ribery), Villa (Agbonlahor and Young) or Brazil (can put Adriano, or whoever has prescence up top, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Robinho are all pacy and skillful behind him)

fair enough. Other suggestions would be Bayern Munich (Podolski has loads of pace, as do Schweinsteiger and Ribery), Villa (Agbonlahor and Young) or Brazil (can put Adriano, or whoever has prescence up top, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Robinho are all pacy and skillful behind him)

Im guessing your Kilamangiro cos you only seem concerned with picking teams that have decent players up front. If we decide to change we need a well rounded team if GME is gonna be playing the other positions, if you are going to change team decide if we are going club or international then make a few suggestions and let us pick one, offer 3 and we agree on one.

• Advertisement

Im guessing your Kilamangiro cos you only seem concerned with picking teams that have decent players up front. If we decide to change we need a well rounded team if GME is gonna be playing the other positions, if you are going to change team decide if we are going club or international then make a few suggestions and let us pick one, offer 3 and we agree on one.

are you suggesting i only care about my own position?
    Anyway i rarely play as the target man, i've usually played in the Silva role, and you are definitely underestimating the importance of a good striker, nearly all the teams who have really taken us apart have done so with the likes of Eto'o or Henry.
    All the teams i've suggested are strong all round

are you suggesting i only care about my own position?
    Anyway i rarely play as the target man, i've usually played in the Silva role, and you are definitely underestimating the importance of a good striker, nearly all the teams who have really taken us apart have done so with the likes of Eto'o or Henry.
    All the teams i've suggested are strong all round

Im well aware of the importance of a striker but there is no point having just good strikers if GME has to control a an average defence. There is plenty of teams we could pick but like i said GME i think you should just offer 3 choices and we pick one otherwise there will be just people suggesting loads of different teams with no choices being made.

Im well aware of the importance of a striker but there is no point having just good strikers if GME has to control a an average defence. There is plenty of teams we could pick but like i said GME i think you should just offer 3 choices and we pick one otherwise there will be just people suggesting loads of different teams with no choices being made.

i haven't suggested teams with weak defences. But i agree, GME should give us 3 options.

Im on now if anyones goin on

Ye I have to agree with Axwell. whatawaster (kilamangiro) your recommending teams but all your talking about is the strikers because you play there rather then taking the whole team into consideration.

The reasons I picked Argentina is because:

#They have a pacy forward line.

#World class player in the form of Messi

#Superb playmaker in Riquelme

#Superb DM in Mascherano

#Solid Defence.

I'm just getting some dinner now so I should be on around 7.30.

Brazil: is definitely not an option. You'll be doing fine up front with your skillful players but Ill be having nightmares at the back with no good defensive midfielder or defenders in the team.

Bayern Munich: Take Podolski out of the equation and you have 2 of the slowest strikers in the game in terms of pace in Klose and Toni and your the one harping on about pace.

Aston Villa: Again good up front (but not great) but not so at the back.

Sorry I missed this message.

The 3 that I would suggest are:

Argentina
    Real Madrid (that's who i play as when I'm playing 1 player)
    Cant really think of a 3rd to be honest. id probably say Spain but a lot of other clubs pick them online and I don't want us to be a team that everyone picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I've to get my 360 back off me brother but I think I'de like to give this a lash again. The last time I had basically no access to boards so the only way we could communicate was thru msgs on the 360 which take about an hour to write. I'de play defence, but is it usually just 2 strikers and GME?

Brazil: is definitely not an option. You'll be doing fine up front with your skillful players but Ill be having nightmares at the back with no good defensive midfielder or defenders in the team.

Bayern Munich: Take Podolski out of the equation and you have 2 of the slowest strikers in the game in terms of pace in Klose and Toni and your the one harping on about pace.

Aston Villa: Again good up front (but not great) but not so at the back.

Argentina is going great so this is a moot point, but -

-- brazil - all defenders in the game are set to a rating of 85 so there are no bad defences or defensive midfielders and as Brazil have pacy fullbacks like Maicon and Marcelo i think their defence would be good.

Bayern Munich - why on earth would we take podolski out of the equation? They are also brilliant all-round.

Anyway, i was wrong about the Argies, it's going very well with them. One thing though, is there a viable AMC alternative to Riquelme? His passing etc is superb, but he has zero pace and gets knackered really quickly. Just something to think about.

PS: I'm mildly insulted you think i'm thinking of myself rather than the team!!! I rarely play as a target man, which was the position i was mainly referring to.

PPS: I'm amazed we don't have a ranking yet, given our good run tonight.

I've to get my 360 back off me brother but I think I'de like to give this a lash again. The last time I had basically no access to boards so the only way we could communicate was thru msgs on the 360 which take about an hour to write. I'de play defence, but is it usually just 2 strikers and GME?

there is usually at least 5 on most nights.

• Advertisement

Argentina is going great so this is a moot point, but -

-- brazil - all defenders in the game are set to a rating of 85 so there are no bad defences or defensive midfielders and as Brazil have pacy fullbacks like Maicon and Marcelo i think their defence would be good..

Ye your right Argentina is going great so lets forget about it but just on this point. Even though it says the players are set to the same rating I don't think this is the case. I remember on the last boards team we picked Ireland and their was definitely a difference compared to other teams which you could notice straight away.

Just in relation to Riquelme: I personally like him on the team. I think if someone is going to pick him they need to know how to play as him. You know don't be running around the place with him. When the ball comes to him just pick out passes rather then trying to dribble.

Sorry for implying that you were only thinking about yourself but you were just talking about the strikers.

Anyway lets leave it at that.

Sorry I had to get off so early earlier lads. My game was lagging so bad that I couldn't keep taking the risk of playing any because I was definitely going to make mistakes because of how bad the lag was.

Anyway the problem was I left my laptop on so the connection is grand now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Ye your right Argentina is going great so lets forget about it but just on this point. Even though it says the players are set to the same rating I don't think this is the case.

Yeah, there is no way in hell the players are rated the same. Not a hope in hell. There is a world of difference between the speed of Tevez and Messi for example.

I'd say our best team so far, is myself and Irish Wolverine upfront, Bossman on the right, G M E playing any, v1rg1l on the left. I'm not sure who's who after that as I've only played the odd match with other lads. I played with one lad up front up who was fairly good the first night but haven't seen him since, I think. If there's any more than 4 we tend to lose more. Tonights the first night I didn't managed to get a hat trick, but had loads of assists from squared balls to Irish Wolf. :D

We need to start using mic's too. I don't think its any coincidence all the guys I named above used mic's except G M E, so we know whats going on. Like calling for a cross to the far post, an early through ball or whatever....

Most of the players seem pretty good but sometimes hang onto it for a little too long. No need to run like Ronaldinho all the time, nobody going to criticise for a bad pass, or a through ball that doesn't make its target, but expect there'll be moans if you run and lose the ball more often than not. I always feel like a twat when I lose possession anyways....

Just in relation to Riquelme: I personally like him on the team. I think if someone is going to pick him they need to know how to play as him. You know don't be running around the place with him. When the ball comes to him just pick out passes rather then trying to dribble.

I think this is the case with people playing positions in general, a lot of people are bringing their players out of position and arent where they should be when the passes come. You should be playing your role not trying to get the goal or the assist or run into places where you shouldnt be, it doesnt help the team or GME if players are dragged all over the pitch teams just run rings around us then.

As Richie says mics are important too and I would agree we play better when he and I are upfront with GME in the any position, we are talking on the mics and GME is picking out our runs.

Also if you dont have a mic at least have your sounds going through your tv, earlier i was playing upfront for the last 20 minutes with an injured player and must have asked 3 times over the mic to be subbed cos of the injury with nothing done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Also if you dont have a mic at least have your sounds going through your tv, earlier i was playing upfront for the last 20 minutes with an injured player and must have asked 3 times over the mic to be subbed cos of the injury with nothing done about it.

+1

Makes a hell of a difference, and dont worry if you have a girly effeminate voice like kromula, its ok, as long as you can put the ball in the back of the net, we'll still like ya.. ;)

Sorry I wasnt on earlier, catching up on Season 2 of the Shield at the moment, but Im definitely on all tomorrow evening from 7. See ye then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Yeah having a mic is really handy during a match. I'm starting to settle in on the right hand side, I'm usually ****e playing as a winger haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Well to be fair, you've been good on the right when I've been playing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just to make a little point.

Played a few matches the other night with GME on any player and we had players controlling left and right wing and two up front.

In fifa, ive noticed, wingers when controlled by players get a HUGE amount of space. Anytime i was given the ball and able to make a run, I got crosses in to setup goals.

But this only happend 2-3 times. Need alot more balls being played down the wing.

GME left the game and there was 3 of us on, me, virigil and moose. I went back to my comfortable CF position with Silva and i think we won 2 out of 3 and drew one. Good games.

I think I've proven alot of m worth in the CF position. Granted ive missed a few easy chances, ive set up a fair amount at this stage.

I'm heading to dundrum today lads to check out that Zavvi sale so Ill try pick up a mike then.

Just in case someone thinks I made a mistake their was 6 of us playing last night so I just picked 1 position rather then any. As I said in my first post theirs only a need to pick any if their is 5 or less playing. If its 6 or over I'm just basically controlling the 4 defenders and its hard because they are not on the screen half the time so I could be playing someone a mile onside. So just in future if theirs 6 or more playing and I pick 1 player to control don't feel like someone has to go any instead of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Yea that makes sense. I'll be on for tonight lads, I'll take me old position of RB if its free!

Advertisement