Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] BRAND NEW boards fifa club team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

randomname wrote: »
    Anywho any one around tonight after 10 for a few games??

I will be.
    Axwell wrote: »
    Its first come first served on positions, you cant just join the room if people were already playing and make a grab for a position and take the one someone was using.

I know what you're saying, what I meant was if I manage to say pick Stevie G (which I think I was), the capitano thought nah I'd fancy that, boots me out and takes Stevie!

SRFC90 wrote: »
    I know what you're saying, what I meant was if I manage to say pick Stevie G (which I think I was), the capitano thought nah I'd fancy that, boots me out and takes Stevie!

You can't boot people!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I will be.

If we were able to do that and did, that person who kicked the other player would no longer be in the club!!! Not the sort of people we want to play with!!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    If we were able to do that and did, that person who kicked the other player would no longer be in the club!!! Not the sort of people we want to play with!!

Grand ok! So when it say's you're captain has kicked you from the game, it's actually your connection that's gone?

Grand ok! So when it say's you're captain has kicked you from the game, it's actually your connection that's gone?

??? News to me, can anyone else clarify if that's possible??

• Advertisement

Yes sure it happened to me the other night when I was having connection problems and I was the captain!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Nope it aint possible its just your connection dropping.

K, thanks for clearing it up!

Sure just go as captain for a match and see can you boot people. I assure you you cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

if anyone wants games in the next few hours pm me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'll be on later with a new mic lads so it'll be a lot less stressful for me to try and communicate. Typing in the dressing room is slower than evolution, FACT!

I'll be on later with a new mic lads so it'll be a lot less stressful for me to try and communicate. Typing in the dressing room is slower than evolution, FACT!

Excellent stuff, and yeah the typing is a joke, it's a different format than sending messages over live!!

I wont be on tonight, I've real football to play, time to see if my new skills will help that game :D

I was actually thinkin about that, like the easiest ways to get youngfella's to know where they shud be for their position is to tell em to stick on be a pro with position indicators. I think it would really help, coz they'd like it and they'd learn where they should be at different times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

randomname wrote: »
    Anywho any one around tonight after 10 for a few games??

Ah yeah, I'll be around for that. Hope I play a bit better, it's hard to tell what others make of you.

Well me personally, if i see someone is trying to pass the ball, trying to play quick but doesn't make a pass, I think nothing of it at all. We all make mistakes, if everybody recognises this then there should be no people getting too annoyed with anyone else. Like I didnt even realise I had semi auto on the other night instead of auto and some of my passes were disgusting.

The only time I wouldn't be happy with a player is if there is a player in a better position and he consistently chooses not to pass. And strikers who dont stay onside, cause thats their main job when we're counter-attacking. Luckily we have real good strikers and this doesn't isn't an issue.

So basically, if we see that your intentions are good, there's absolutely no problem, well imo anyway. I wouldnt care if someone was **** but was obviously trying to be a good team player, the whole point is for us to have fun and get satisfaction from playing together. Which, when we have closer to 10 players will require everyone to play their positions strictly and pass the second they see someone in a better position.

I'd say playing coherently with 10 players would be one of the most satisfying non-sexual experiences.

Ah yeah, I'll be around for that. Hope I play a bit better, it's hard to tell what others make of you.

Well if your green bar is up a good bit, it means you had a good game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Well if your green bar is up a good bit, it means you had a good game!!

ì'm not sure how reliable that is. sometimes your green bar is completely full and then at the end you go in to player ratings and you got a 6 or 7.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I'll be on tonight for a few

I turned off the green bar for online coz it's just so unreliable, especially at the back coz it's so buggy/wrong. So I found it just distracted, i was thinkin bout the green bar and not the actual game, so i'd be extra careful, and not always close down when I shud because i'd be 'out of position' etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

the easiest ways to get youngfella's to know where they shud be for their position is to tell em to stick on be a pro with position indicators. I think it would really help, coz they'd like it and they'd learn where they should be at different times!
    i was thinkin bout the green bar and not the actual game, so i'd be extra careful, and not always close down when I shud because i'd be 'out of position' etc.

Sorry to point it out, but bit of a contradiction here man. The position indicators are tied to the bar. Can't be a good way to learn if following them makes you go out of position. :o

• Advertisement

ah sorry i meant general positioning and off the ball. What i was sayin was ye lose points for position as a defender if u move away from it at any time. So say im in position, but another defender misses a tackle and I run in, depending on the distance I could lose a couple of points for position/defence etc.

Anyway, I shelled out big bucks for a headset today only to come home and me brother tells me he has a headset and he never uses it. Still couldn't be arsed bringin it back :P

I'll be goin on now, have to be off by 11 tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Sorry to irish wolverine,richie, dj and someone else earlier(i think it was virgil) My connection dropped so I was disconnected from the game. I dont know if it affected the rest of you though but sorry.

BFassassin wrote: »
    Sorry to irish wolverine,richie, dj and someone else earlier(i think it was virgil) My connection dropped so I was disconnected from the game. I dont know if it affected the rest of you though but sorry.

No worries

Anyone round to whip up a game now?

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Yeah, otherwise this would be full of fail
    Sure just go as captain for a match and see can you boot people. I assure you you cant.

Yee are all incorrect! You can kick other players out of the game if you are the captain!!! I just was, and did!!!!
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Yee are all incorrect! You can kick other players out of the game if you are the captain!!! I just was, and did!!!!

I wasn't incorrect! If you can do it, it is full of FAIL

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I wasn't incorrect! If you can do it, it is full of FAIL

Well I aint lying to ya bud, ya can boot anyone off your own team if yee are the captain! I did it earlier to some fella who scored an own goal deliberatley!

Well I aint lying to ya bud, ya can boot anyone off your own team if yee are the captain! I did it earlier to some fella who scored an own goal deliberatley!

Who on the team scored an own goal deliberately?? Dont think thats the kind of player we want on the team

Who on the team scored an own goal deliberately?? Dont think thats the kind of player we want on the team

Not on boards team here, I went into quick match, ended up being captain and kicked a fella on my team outta the game for doing it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Scotchie

Any chance of joining this club lads?

1)Gamertag: Scotchie

2)Favoured position: Left / Right Wing
    3)What you think your best at: Crossing, cutting in at the end-line

4)What team you think we should be: Man U

Advertisement