Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] BRAND NEW boards fifa club team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

And the goal I gave away when I did the short pass with the keeper. i wouldn't mind but i never do a short pass with the keeper from a goal kick. I was pressing A to skip the replay and it happened :(

I suppose that's what happens when you don't play in over a week :D

Happens to me all the time so i'm saying nothing!

A goal for me last night on my boards debut. Unfortunately, thats about all i did:o
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

winston82 wrote: »

A goal for me last night on my boards debut. Unfortunately, thats about all i did:o

I believe it was the winning goal :)

i wish, we were up 2-1 then they scored a random diving header in the 88th. Sick i was. In fact, how did the ball go right through the defence for that header? shudda won that one! good games

I think you got MOTM in that match as well. I thought you played great as mascherano! Usually when anyone picks him they're up the field most of the time but you actually played like a DM Holding your position and breaking up attacks. Some great play.

Ill be on at around 7 for games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Ye Ill be on. Heading to old trafford tomorrow

YOU BASTARD! :eek:

• Advertisement

i wish, we were up 2-1 then they scored a random diving header in the 88th. Sick i was. In fact, how did the ball go right through the defence for that header? shudda won that one! good games

I think the corner came off my attempted header!! :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Myself Virgil and Moon played a few games yesterday and to the best of my knowledge we won them all, played later with Richie, Moon and GME and again mostly wins or draws all around. Some good games and one of the greatest finishes for an own goal ive ever seen :D

Axwell wrote: »
    Myself Virgil and Moon played a few games yesterday and to the best of my knowledge we won them all, played later with Richie, Moon and GME and again mostly wins or draws all around. Some good games and one of the greatest finishes for an own goal ive ever seen :D

I think we had one loss against France damn Anelka substitution, but we played them again and won, and another one where we should've lost but they lost a player's connection woop DEFAULT win to us :D

But there were some great goals and play, GME is the best any player I've played with!

Yeah, that Anelka substitution, 3 goals in 5 mins, bloody hell.

I do struggle as the any player, I think its the fact that I keep holding the left stick even when I'm off screen so I keep dragging my center backs out of position. We fairly well killed that French team though until they brought on Anelka..

I think playing as any helps my defense (which is sh!te), but its difficult when you've got 3 players peeling off the CPU lads and making smart runs, I always feel like my lads are out of position...

Does anyone know how the ranking works?

We've played nearly 150 games as this club and we still haven't got a rank? What's the criteria to get a rank?

PS anyone up for a few games tonight??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the ranking works?

We've played nearly 150 games as this club and we still haven't got a rank? What's the criteria to get a rank?

PS anyone up for a few games tonight??

I will be mate, should be on most of the night! :)

I dunno what the criteria to get a rank is. I dont know for single player either. It says I dont have a rank on my hub, but when I looked at the hubs of people I have played ranked games against, and went to their recent games, it showed my rank as ~4,800, so I don't know what the story is. It shows I have a rank on other peoples hubs but not on my own? Strange.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Wont be around unfortunately for most of the week. As regards the ranking, i used to play on another team and we had the same issue, played loads of games and never got a rank. When looked at the division tables could see the top 50 in that division and then our team at the bottom with no rank beside it. Never could figure out what the story was with it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

hey i'd love to join if theres room

tag: wonderboysam

Sorry about that 4-0 loss to everton last night lads! I thought it was my connection but it seems as though it was the EA servers that was the problem.

Before the servers went to crap myself, tunetunetuner and Mack Attack were playing some great stuff including an 8-0 win!!

ill be on for most of night tonight for club/league games so pm me and ill join you for sure. Sorry i missed your message last night cactus. Batteries went on my controller and had to wait till they charged...

Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭SlyRax

I'd love to get in on the action. Been looking for a team. Never thought bout boards, doh.

What do I need to do to get in.

My gamertag is SlyRax

I like playing in the middle of the park, holding or attacking.

ill be on for most of night tonight for club/league games so pm me and ill join you for sure. Sorry i missed your message last night cactus. Batteries went on my controller and had to wait till they charged...

Neil

No worries!

Ye Ill be on myself tonight. Thought the United match was on telly but its not.

Anyone for games?

Just to pick upon something i spoke to GME (Cactus) about in PM. This is a Fifa Club team, and as such I feel if i am playing as a single player and not the any i have the right to decide what player i want in my position within reason, obviously you dont stick a defender up front etc and as long as no one else is playing the players normal position.
    While you play as the any and captain etc GME you are in control of the other players, the formations, the tactics etc. However i dont feel you have the right to decide or tell me who im going to play as for the whole game, you arent controlling my player so if I wish to put Messi on for Aguerro in my position it shouldnt be an issue. If someone else prefers to use Aguerro thats their decision. Again if someone else on the team wants to play as the LM at the time we are picking our positions im happy to leave Aguerro upfront but when no one is then i should be allowed to ask for the swap to be made.
    This is a club team, not Fifa GME.

• Advertisement

I feel if i am playing as a single player and not the any i have the right to decide what player i want in my position within reason, obviously you dont stick a defender up front etc and as long as no one else is playing the players normal position.

Ah, I'd pretty much agree with this... you should get to pick which player you want within reason (providing the strikers aren't fighting over which one gets Messi, etc, which doesn't really happen).

Like when I was captain, the lads (Axwell & Moon) wanted Tevez upfront, and I banged him on, as I'm not controlling him anyways, even if I normally mightn't play him. If it keeps the lads happy and they feel more comfortable with him on, they'll play better and I won't have to listen to them moaning :)

Win-win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Whats with nearly every player on the Argentina team having a rating of 85?

Strangeness..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Whats with nearly every player on the Argentina team having a rating of 85?

Strangeness..

every player in Fifa clubs has a rating of 85. It would be the same if we chose Sligo Rovers

Just to pick upon something i spoke to GME (Cactus) about in PM. This is a Fifa Club team, and as such I feel if i am playing as a single player and not the any i have the right to decide what player i want in my position within reason, obviously you dont stick a defender up front etc and as long as no one else is playing the players normal position.
    While you play as the any and captain etc GME you are in control of the other players, the formations, the tactics etc. However i dont feel you have the right to decide or tell me who im going to play as for the whole game, you arent controlling my player so if I wish to put Messi on for Aguerro in my position it shouldnt be an issue. If someone else prefers to use Aguerro thats their decision. Again if someone else on the team wants to play as the LM at the time we are picking our positions im happy to leave Aguerro upfront but when no one is then i should be allowed to ask for the swap to be made.
    This is a club team, not Fifa GME.

Ye but then I have to control Cambiasso at LM. Theirs no one else with pace to play LM so it takes away from the team.

Your only on for around 3 games a week anyway. What if you come on late and there's 2 lads already upfront. You'd want Messi to go LM then if your playing there.

Anyway I'm sick of being the manager of the team and playing for this team. I'm tired of Axwell who's been arguing since day 1 of the team (Go through the pages of this forum and you'll see). I definitely don't get the credit I deserve for the role I play. The record of the team was ruined last week with 7 losses in 10 games when I was away for 2 days.

If anyone wants to take over as manager send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Ye but then I have to control Cambiasso at LM. Theirs no one else with pace to play LM so it takes away from the team.

this is a no brainer. Aguero, Tevez and Messi should all be fit into the team for the good of the team. Therefore Messi should always play LW.
    Your only on for around 3 games a week anyway. What if you come on late and there's 2 lads already upfront. You'd want Messi to go LM then if your playing there.

Anyway I'm sick of being the manager of the team and playing for this team. I'm tired of Axwell who's been arguing since day 1 of the team (Go through the pages of this forum and you'll see). I definitely don't get the credit I deserve for the role I play. The record of the team was ruined last week with 7 losses in 10 games when I was away for 2 days.

If anyone wants to take over as manager send me a PM.

I don't think anyone wants to see you leave the team, GME, i certainly appreciate the role you play, having played the any position several times. It's not easy, especially as you mostly control defenders and people will only notice mistakes and not you quietly going about your job.
    don't leave, the team will certainly be weaker for your absence.

Well, I think its more important that the guy who is controlling one player, is happy with that player.

As in, think of it like this, is it better if the guy who is any is happy with 6 of 7 of his outfield players or 7 of 7? I don't think that would be a big deal. But if a guy who is controlling only one player, isn't happy being that player, thats a bigger problem....

I say that having sat on both sides of the fence, being any and being a striker...

Stick Palacio on the left wing, and take off Cambiasso. He's got pace...

When I play as Aguerro i have to fall back and go wide left to pick up the ball and cross it in most times so Messi isnt getting used that much anyways. You comment in previous posts how im a good crosser of the ball, why am i crossing the ball if im in the striker position? Wheres the LM or LW then??

Ive been away a lot the last two weeks due to work, before that i had played as many games as anyone else, probably even more than you considering the amount of games me Virgil, Moon and Richie have played together recently without any sign of you. Also i said if someone playing a position wanted Messi then that was fine, if they didnt then it should be up for grabs to swap him.
    I'm tired of Axwell who's been arguing since day 1 of the team (Go through the pages of this forum and you'll see). I definitely don't get the credit I deserve for the role I play. The record of the team was ruined last week with 7 losses in 10 games when I was away for 2 days.

I wasnt playing then either, or were Richie, Virgil and Moon if i recall.

Since this has been setup you try dictate to everyone what they can and cant do your not open to any suggestions at all. Right from the beginning you were laying down the law that you were the only any player and no one else could be, then you wanted to change the team cos you were bored. You stated people must have a mic yet you havent had one at all since day one. When people make a comment about maybe playing a through ball earlier or keeping it on the ground you get all defensive and go off on one.
    This is a team, we have to have a say and you have to be able to take on board comments or requests. The request was a simple one, if im on and get to play as LS i.e. one player - if no one else is on using Messi I would prefer him in place of Aguerro, your main reason for not doing this is because it doesnt suit you and the role of playing any. Pace on the left hasnt come into any game we have played, the ball mainly goes through the middle or else i move out wide to pick up the through ball up the line. If its that big a deal dont play the ball out the left. But if you going to come on here giving personal abuse and throwing a strop because no one appreciates you then maybe you need to sit down and have a think about things. No one wants you to leave but if your not going to take onboard the suggestions or requests of other people on the team then what is the point in having a team. We dont play for you, we play with you.

Correct me if im wrong but is the purpose suppose to be fun? Who really cares who is where. I played 4 games last night and was good craic and didnt really mind what position or player i had. Its not always about scoring goals...

As I said if anyone wants to take over as manager send me a PM

• Advertisement

Correct me if im wrong but is the purpose suppose to be fun? Who really cares who is where. I played 4 games last night and was good craic and didnt really mind what position or player i had. Its not always about scoring goals...

With all due respect you are new to the team and we have been playing a few weeks now, when a few of us that regularly play are on we tend to stick to the roles we use all the time. For example i play LS with Richie who plays RS and we are used to playing together, Moon usually takes up Riquelme and then if Virgil is on he goes any or GME if he is on. Its supposed to be fun but if you cant make a suggestion or a request then its not really fun or a team anyways.

Advertisement