Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] BRAND NEW boards fifa club team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

What time are people gonna be around today? What's the usual peak time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Hello Jimmy, if I can call you that...around 8 or 9 seems to be a peak time...but really it could be any time. I usually just wait for a message from someone...

I'll be on live from about 7.. last two missions of Saints to finish tonight, and I'm feeling in the mood for some Pro Evo... and possibly some Left 4 Dead or Pro Evo (yes, Pro Evo!).

I wonder can we have a Pro Evo club/league too? Hmmm... anyways, enough of my rambling. If we are playing some club games, let me know, someone!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Just bet me to it Richie, Ya Jimmy (if that really is your name) usually around 8 onwards depending on who is on. You need 3 players to get a game going so it more so depends on that.

GME if you really want to leave and dont want to be Manager anymore ill throw my name in for it, again though no one wants you to leave.

Yea I see there's a bit of tension here lately. GME has put the grunt work in getting the club up and running which most people wouldn't bother with. He's a real good any player as well and the club wouldn't be the same without him. Although, I think if everyone were a bit less sensitive and didn't take it quite so seriously we'd enjoy it more.

I haven't been around, sorry bout that lads but for once in my life I've actually been busy (still am) but I'll be on tonight playing at the back. I have a mic as well. Gamertag is luv ulongtime69.

I think if we care too much about the record it'll be the death of us. Sure, nobody wants to lose but the thing I concentrate on is the satisfaction of playing well with other people on the team. The dream scenario for me would not be a 200 - 50 record but to get 10 players on the pitch, wit mics, playing quick passes and havin a good laff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

GME sent me a msg on XBL last week saying my invitation to this team had been sent??

Can anyone fill me in?

• Advertisement

Yea, ye have to go to your player hub to accept, it's in the xbox live menu in fifa I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

i hear some talented individual called wonderboysam is looking for an invite, i'd snap him up!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Samurai wrote: »
    i hear some talented individual called wonderboysam is looking for an invite, i'd snap him up!!

Get him to send me or Richie a pm on xbox and we will add him ;)

Irish Wolverine or RichieMUFC (Im not around tonight so send it to Richie and he should be on)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

Ah cool, i'll tell him!

Samurai wrote: »

You should stop reading the tabloids and all that speculation. I've seen him, and he's sh!t, our club wouldn't be interested in him. We are however, tracking the progress of a 3 legged Ecuadorian donkey instead.

Of course. There are no 3 legged Ecuqadorian donkeys interested in playing football, so you'll have to do. I'll sort you out in a couple of mins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

Axwell wrote: »
    Since this has been setup you try dictate to everyone what they can and cant do your not open to any suggestions at all. Right from the beginning you were laying down the law that you were the only any player and no one else could be, then you wanted to change the team cos you were bored. You stated people must have a mic yet you havent had one at all since day one. When people make a comment about maybe playing a through ball earlier or keeping it on the ground you get all defensive and go off on one.
    This is a team, we have to have a say and you have to be able to take on board comments or requests.The request was a simple one, if im on and get to play as LS i.e. one player - if no one else is on using Messi I would prefer him in place of Aguerro, your main reason for not doing this is because it doesnt suit you and the role of playing any. Pace on the left hasnt come into any game we have played, the ball mainly goes through the middle or else i move out wide to pick up the through ball up the line. If its that big a deal dont play the ball out the left. But if you going to come on here giving personal abuse and throwing a strop because no one appreciates you then maybe you need to sit down and have a think about things. No one wants you to leave but if your not going to take onboard the suggestions or requests of other people on the team then what is the point in having a team. We dont play for you, we play with you.

It's unfortunate that GME is gone but if i was in his position i would probably have done the same I haven't played with much people as any but he definitely was the best.

AXWELL you go about GME throwing a strop but you've thrown a tantrum because you can't be the best player on the team in your favourite position. If it is really such a big deal for you to play as Messi play on the left and whip some of the "really good crosses" in from there and if your problem is with ball not being played out to Messi you might want to sort that out with your central midfielders because I know when i'm playing as AMC there's plenty of attacking down the flanks.

Its not GME's fault if your not happy, he picked the best team possible and i'd have to agree with Messi on the left cuz we then have more pace going foward and i feel Aguerro and Tevez are very good up front banging in plenty of goals when i'm playing.

I'm not 100% sure but I think your the only one who had a problem with how the team was run.

I just went into my player hub and there's no message still:(

Please send me one guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

I'm not 100% sure but I think your the only one who had a problem with how the team was run.

Not fair. Just because is Axwell is more vocal.

Anyhow, as Axwell said, a team is a team. Shouldnt be up to one person to dictate play, but then its all down to styles. When Im any, I rarely if ever hold on to the ball cause I know Im terrible with it, GME holds on to it, buts that cos he can and has good control.

For the people who say we are taking it too serious, you obviously havent played as many games for the club as we have. The frustration with the style of play is probably borne out of the fact that we enjoy playing together but want to progress and win games - I know I get serious FIFA rage when we lose games that we should win. And the lads are not afraid to tell me when I fúck up, which I prefer.

Dont mistake this for a bust up, its not, its just a discussion on how we should bring the club forward. (I sound like Florentino Perez now so I'll shut up.. )

Anyone on tonight for a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

SRFC90 wrote: »

Please send me one guys!

Gamertag?

It's unfortunate that GME is gone but if i was in his position i would probably have done the same I haven't played with much people as any but he definitely was the best.

AXWELL you go about GME throwing a strop but you've thrown a tantrum because you can't be the best player on the team in your favourite position. If it is really such a big deal for you to play as Messi play on the left and whip some of the "really good crosses" in from there and if your problem is with ball not being played out to Messi you might want to sort that out with your central midfielders because I know when i'm playing as AMC there's plenty of attacking down the flanks.

Its not GME's fault if your not happy, he picked the best team possible and i'd have to agree with Messi on the left cuz we then have more pace going foward and i feel Aguerro and Tevez are very good up front banging in plenty of goals when i'm playing.

First off no need to use bold text everyone can read your post fine without it. If you havent played that many games how can you claim to know who is or who isnt the best?
    If you actually read the previous posts or knew the people on the team you would be aware that GME plays the any position and is for the most time in control of the midfielders, so you're suggesting i should take it up with him about the ball not getting out the flanks? I think that was covered in our discussion if you read it.
    The main point of the question was as to why a player couldnt be swapped for the person playing a certain position since thats the only player they get to use. As Richie says there are other players with decent pace who could play on the wing instead of Messi putting him up front.
    Also GME was the one that made the comment about the "good at crossing" not me so your not quoting me there but him.
    Obviously you are amazing at AMC from your comments above and loads of goals are banged in when you are playing (but apparently this is not very often in your own words).
    Im not 100% sure but i think you seem to have missed most of what this discussion was about and just came on to give your two cents and fire things up a bit. However at this point the discussion is over so case closed.

Just to point out to anyone reading from this point onwards.

GME has decided not to be manager of the team anymore and has given the position jointly to Richie and Myself.

Any new players looking to join please pm either of us and we will add you.

RichieMUFC and Irish Wolverine

I'll write my posts whatever way i feel like it, so dont be telling me what i need or dont need thanks. I've played at least half the games for the club, more of them being in the early days and i'v played with the majority of players so i think i'm in a position to deem who's the best or who isn't.

I'v read previous posts and know GME played the any position for nearly every game!!!! The point i was making there is usually someone playing AMC or DMC in nearly every game that if there isn't enough balls played out wide have a word with that player(s).
    Just one point on the issue, what foot is Messi? Left footed.......
    Suggest one other left footed player with gud pace who plays for argentina that would be better.
    Also GME was the one that made the comment about the "good at crossing" not me so your not quoting me there but him.
    Just because i quoted it doesn't mean, that i quoted you it was a comment made on something you seem to be good at.
    Obviously you are amazing at AMC from your comments above and loads of goals are banged in when you are playing (but apparently this is not very often in your own words).
    I dont know what you are trying to insinuate with this statement i'm not blowing my own trumpet i'm saying it how it is and what I do or try to do when i'm playing in the centre of the park.
    Im not 100% sure but i think you seem to have missed most of what this discussion was about and just came on to give your two cents and fire things up a bit. However at this point the discussion is over so case closed.
    Again I dont where your getting off saying i'm trying to fire it up, when you are the very person who made this a general topic of discussion and as you quite rightly said
    This is a club team, not Fifa GME.
    so as a club member i'm entitled to my opinion on whats happening. You may be manager now but that doesn't give you the right to end the discussion with you having final say on the matter.

SRFC90 wrote: »

Please send me one guys!

Thought GME had sent you one. I'll sort this out... you'll have an invite in a second

Edit: Invite sent!

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Thought GME had sent you one. I'll sort this out. I might have to add you as a friend first. I dunno... you'll have an invite in a second if I can do it without you being on my friends list.

K, I'll be on in a sec! Nice one.

Just one point on the issue, what foot is Messi? Left footed.......
    Suggest one other left footed player with gud pace who plays for argentina

I'm not getting involved in any argument on either side....

I'd just like to say that a left winger doesn't necessarily have to be left footed. Nani does a fine job there for United...

I'll write my posts whatever way i feel like it, so dont be telling me what i need or dont need thanks.

Its boards etiquette, nothing to do with my personal opinion on what style of font or typeface you use, im saying it to you to stop you getting a telling off from a moderator. Also being ignorant to other people on the forum isnt something they tend to go for.
    Again I dont where your getting off saying i'm trying to fire it up, when you are the very person who made this a general topic of discussion and as you quite rightly said so as a club member i'm entitled to my opinion on whats happening. You may be manager now but that doesn't give you the right to end the discussion with you having final say on the matter.

The discussion on it ended when GME decided he didnt want to be manager anymore as me asking him to play Messi up front isnt an issue anymore if he isnt the manager or selecting the starting line up at the time. Me being manager has nothing to do with having final say, as i said the discussion between me and him regarding positions ended when he decided not to be manager anymore. You are free to post what you want but when its done and dusted you really are only firing things up.

• Advertisement

For those in the qualifying group for Serie A in the leagues organised for Future Guy he has a post with an update here

(i knew there are a good few in the club that are part of it)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055474361

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I'd just like to say that a left winger doesn't necessarily have to be left footed. Nani does a fine job there for United...

That's a joke right?

That's a joke right?

-Farfan works out pretty well on the left wing for my Schalke side in the pre-season league when I play him there
    -Nani works out fine for United
    -Simao works out fine for Atletico
    -Maxi works out fine for Argentina when I move him over there

Maybe you find it a problem, but I don't. Not in the slightest.

And, don't label a different opinion as a "joke" because you don't agree with it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

-Farfan works out pretty well on the left wing for my Schalke side in the pre-season league when I play him there
    -Nani works out fine for United
    -Simao works out fine for Atletico
    -Maxi works out fine for Argentina when I move him over there

Maybe you find it a problem, but I don't. Not in the slightest.

And, don't label a different opinion as a "joke" because you don't agree with it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

oh thank god, i thought you meant in real life.

Its boards etiquette, nothing to do with my personal opinion on what style of font or typeface you use, im saying it to you to stop you getting a telling off from a moderator. Also being ignorant to other people on the forum isnt something they tend to go for.

Future Guy is a moderator now I believe, I post every comment I make in bold in threads started by him and any PM's I send him I write in bold and he's never made a comment about it. Thanks for the advice but if a moderator has a problem with it I'll deal with them and comply with their request but for now i'm still going to be writing in bold.

Ignorance??????

The discussion on it ended when GME decided he didnt want to be manager anymore as me asking him to play Messi up front isnt an issue anymore if he isnt the manager or selecting the starting line up at the time.
    It hasn't really ended because captains still choose the team, it's an agree to disagree situation as you only want to play with whats best for you and not the general balance of the team as GME did and i agree with him.
    You are free to post what you want but when its done and dusted you really are only firing things up.
    Well i'm sharing my opinion as I was unable to get to a computer yesterday. And if you feel i'm firing things up that much I would be happy to bring this into a PM!!!!!!

No, if it was real life, and I wanted a right winger to play on the left for the good of the team, I'd beat him to death until he learned how to use his left

Sadly, I don't have this option in Fifa.....

It hasn't really ended because captains still choose the team, it's an agree to disagree situation as you only want to play with whats best for you and not the general balance of the team as GME did and i agree with him. Well i'm sharing my opinion as I was unable to get to a computer yesterday. And if you feel i'm firing things up that much I would be happy to bring this into a PM!!!!!!

Its not like i was talking about putting a right back in the position so the "balance" of the team would be just fine with another LM out there. I wanted a different player than Aguerro, usually no one plays as Messi, Richie or Moon usually play along side me using Tevez so i wasnt going to ask to swap Tevez and take their player was I. Messi would give us more pace up front and is a better option in my opinion when he isnt being controlled by an individual. It has nothing to do with wanting to be the best player, when we played as Valencia I always picked Silva and had no interest in being David Villa.

I have neither the interest or the patience to bring this to a pm with you, ive said all I have to say on the matter, I was of the opinion I should be allowed to ask for a player to be swapped as were others, you arent but thats your opinion.

Actually, thinking about it further, didn't Real Madrid win back to back La Liga titles with Robinho on the left... Barcelona win back to back La Liga titles and a Champions league with Ronaldinho on the left, and indeed, are running away with the title this year with a left footer on the right. Didn't Chelsea win with Duff and Robben on either wing, both left footed. United hammered Chelsea at Old Trafford with Ronaldo and Park, both right footed, on either wing. It can be done.

I think its not ideal for balance, but you know, it depends on the player, and on the style of play. I just wanted to point out, with the instances I can name just purely off the top of my head, even in real life, its far from a "joke".

To summarise, in general I think its a bad idea for most players, but it depends on the player, and the system, and in some cases... you can win the lot with it.

Success talks...and I generally think that Senor's Mourinho and co. whose teams I pointed out above know a thing or two :)

And dont forget Harry Kewell, didnt he play on the...no wait he had 2 left feet :D

• Advertisement

And dont forget Harry Kewell, didnt he play on the...no wait he had 2 left feet :D

He didn't have any good feet.

Advertisement