Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing problem

Options
  • 03-01-2009 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm having an annoying plumbing problem that i am looking for some help for.
    Basically, there is a motorised valve in my hotpress - http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Myson_Motorised_Valves.html - on a pipe close to the hot water tank that makes a buzzing noise (its keeping me awake at night and is driving me cracked) when the the temperature is above the setting on the thermostat and the gas burner is turned off, so therefore usually shortly after i go to bed ! I don't want to have to leave the heating runing all night just to stop the noise and even if i do that, there regularly seems to be a a fairly loud noise of hot water rushing through the pipes in the attic (i think).
    Is it just a matter of replacing the Myson ? Is this something i could tackle myself (would consider myself reasonably handy)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

It sounds like the motor head is trying to turn off, but the base part of the valve is stuck and not turning. If it turned, the motor would switch off. You could try taking off the motor head and freeing the pin that comes up through the base. Turn it round a few times to loosen it off. Of course the motor may be damaged as well.
    Jim.

Advertisement