Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASUS Extreme N7800GT

Options
  • 03-01-2009 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Hi i'm making a gaming pc and was looking at getting a Sapphire radian 4870 516mb

Now i've seen this on pixmania....
    I'm supposing it's a good deal just from the price but am really struggling to find anything much about it reviews and such. (At least no recent ones anyway)

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/149436/art/asus/extreme-n7800gt-2dhtv-256.html#tech-specs

Any ideas guys?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That card is pretty ancient. It's a couple of generations old, I'm surprised they still have it in stock. A similarly priced current generation card like the 4830 would kill it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The reason you can't find any recent reviews should speak for itself. The card is years old and is roughly about the same speed as the Ati HD4550, which costs about 50 euro. In fact it's probably considerably slower once you boot up a few of the latest games at 1280x1024 or 1440x900. So relative to the latest standards, it's worth about 30 euro.

As above a card of any current generation at the same price point would kill it performance wise. And kill it stone dead, not just 'beat' it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Effluo wrote: »
    Hi i'm making a gaming pc and was looking at getting a Sapphire radian 4870 516mb...

A brilliant card..... go for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

yeah i figured so much....

Cheers

Advertisement