Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new years day concert

Options
  • 03-01-2009 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

Don't usually post here, but i just want something clarified .......the nyd concert from vienna thats broadcast every year on nyd morning...is it live or recorded from the night before??

I just find it hard to believe that people would be dressed to the nines so early in the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

fryup wrote: »
    Hello

Don't usually post here, but i just want something clarified .......the nyd concert from vienna thats broadcast every year on nyd morning...is it live or recorded from the night before??

I just find it hard to believe that people would be dressed to the nines so early in the day.

Yes, the concert is traditionally in the morning on 1 January. In previous years, the orchestra was dressed in lounge suits. The conductor is usually an invited guest, and this year it was Daniel Barenboim. This year's programme is available here (in German). I didn't see this year's concert, but the orchestra usually plays the Radetzsky March and/or the Blue Danube as encores.

The audience members who were dressed up had probably been to a New Year's party or ball that had finished around breakfast-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

hivizman wrote: »
    Yes, the concert is traditionally in the morning on 1 January.

The audience members who were dressed up had probably been to a New Year's party or ball that had finished around breakfast-time.

gosh!! they've got some stanima, would they not be out of there faces??

can't see it happening in dublin:cool:

Advertisement