Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappearing posts

Options
  • 03-01-2009 2:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Jesus lads. Some posts of mine have disappeared.

I don't come here for the good of my health.
    I may seem like a time-waster sometimes but I do have things to say and believe I am making a contribution - however small.

I would prefer infractions to censorship. Particularly if it's done without any consultation with me.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

While obviously you can't link to the posts, a mention of which forums and specific threads might be useful if you're looking for answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Jesus lads. Some posts of mine have disappeared.

I don't come here for the good of my health.
    I may seem like a time-waster sometimes but I do have things to say and believe I am making a contribution - however small.

I would prefer infractions to censorship. Particularly if it's done without any consultation with me.

Sometimes posts can disappear if the thread in question was deleted or moved to the likes of The Thunderdome. As far as I'm aware posts in there don't actually count towards your overall total.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Well,you can have them deleted and an infraction too i suppose.
    If its deleted,i doubt anyone will give you an infraction and leave whatever there. Thats just silly.

Also,what forum,thread,post,mod etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The ones advocating violence on PI are removed, the personal abuse removed from the television forum, the off topic posts removed from Donegal, abusive posts removed from the Soap Opera forum, the off topic posts from All Things Retro were removed, and the significant amount of posts regarding 'the kettle thing' involving steam and rectal orifices that got you temp-sitebanned have obviously been removed.

Are they the posts you are talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If you're not going to be thorough Gordon don't bother your arse. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I can imagine Gordon writing out a really long reply to this thread as I write, with a list of deletable offences for each forum, one by one.

I'd say he's going to give up by the time he gets to after hours though... the stupidity in there can be unreal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Gordon wrote: »
    The ones advocating violence on PI are removed, the personal abuse removed from the television forum, the off topic posts removed from Donegal, abusive posts removed from the Soap Opera forum, the off topic posts from All Things Retro were removed, and the significant amount of posts regarding 'the kettle thing' involving steam and rectal orifices that got you temp-sitebanned have obviously been removed.

Are they the posts you are talking about?

Yes. Thanks Gordon. They may not be to everyone's taste but there was no harm in just leaving them there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Yes. Thanks Gordon. They may not be to everyone's taste but there was no harm in just leaving them there.

In relation to PI, yes there is harm in leaving them there, because people will either quote it, and reply to it in kind, or think that those kinds of posts are acceptable, which they are not.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

PityTheFool.jpg

Silverfish wrote: »
    In relation to PI, yes there is harm in leaving them there, because people will either quote it, and reply to it in kind, or think that those kinds of posts are acceptable, which they are not.

why not just post a reply saying that such things are unacceptable? these are discussion boards after all.

deleting posts is a bit extreme.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

So is sticking a kettle up yore ass.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well apart from the kettle thing being possibly the most stupid fcuking post I've seen in my time on Boards, it is likely that there are people out there even more stupid and would try it. A&Es have better things to be doing with themselves than treating rectal steam burns, so deleting them makes perfect sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

there was no harm in just leaving them there.
    This is a discussion website. How can people have discussions if the site is full of pointless gibberish?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

why not just post a reply saying that such things are unacceptable? these are discussion boards after all.

I'd consider getting a kettle and testing your ideas on you "a bit extreme". We draw the line at a different place it seems. People may overlook a post from a moderator telling you 'that's not on' and quote it, drag the thread off-topic, or continue to report your crap long after it has been dealt with.
    In short: We'll delete your crap when it breaks the rules and crosses the stupid line that we draw, not what you draw. It seems that we're better judges of where those lines are. So suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You started your tme on boards with a thread about having your head stuck in a fence in sallynoggin or santry or swords or somesuch place.
    The thread was mildly amusing.

Since then you have just been a pain in the arse and I am quite surprised that you have not been site banned by now.

Having a permanent ban from AH is quite a feat, but you managd it.

As I said in your siteban message - if you post up that kettle thing one more time you are gone for good. You are causing more work for the mods of this site, so quit trolling or go away.

Gordon wrote: »
    As I said in your siteban message - if you post up that kettle thing one more time you are gone for good. You are causing more work for the mods of this site, so quit trolling or go away.

Never saw a siteban message.

I received a PM from Karoma on 21 December - the day the kettle post went up which stated
    wrote:
    Hi Brian Capture,

You have been banned from Rec for the following duration:

6 Month(s)

for the following reason:

Trolling and general muppetry across Rec fora. Enough is enough.

A link for the thread was provided but it was deleted when I clicked on it.

Was the siteban message in the thread?

I received no PMs from you Gordon on this issue.

Well take this as your last warning now, then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

jaysus lads don't ban Capture.

Only sane person in AH apart from the mods.

Gowan the Capture.

Fcuker is off the wall.:D

Advertisement