Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Travolta's 16 year old son dies.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Tony Broke

Poor kid.

The loss of any child is tragic.

Sadly, John Travolta belonged to a dangerous cult and it is well established that his son was subject to "medical treatments" designed by the cult. I wonder if his sons life would have been longer if he had genuine medical treatment for his affliction?

Tony Broke wrote: »
    Poor kid.

Sadly, John Travolta belonged to a dangerous cult and it is well established that his son was subject to "medical treatments" designed by the cult. I wonder if his sons life would have been longer if he had genuine medical treatment for his affliction?

Too true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Tony Broke wrote: »
    Poor kid.

Lets hope not. What a tragic loss for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

REALLY?
    Its a tragic story but something not quite right about it.
    Either way the poor parents and family - RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Blow69 - please read the forum charter before posting again. This is a discussion forum, not a news feed and we have asked posters not to start threads with just a news story and no comment or anything that will promote discussion.

Ordinarily I would lock this thread but I will leave it open for now as there are a few posts here. If it appears to be going nowhere but people saying rest in peace. I'll lock it then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

poor kid

check this thread out:
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/298-jett-travolta/video-proof-jett-travoltas-autism-31978/7/

travolta's high rank in the cult didn't save his son and probably hindered him as the cult does not recognise or allow for the treatment of conditions such as autism.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

do some really believe that he would put ANYTHING he believes in before his sons life. i find that hard to swallow, me thinks the papers are just looking to sell, sell, sell, as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

dollyk wrote: »
    do some really believe that he would put ANYTHING he believes in before his sons life. i find that hard to swallow,
    Why? Jehovah's Witnesses for example can't accept blood transfustions? sometimes people's beliefs, no matter how ridiculous they may appear on the surface, lead them to make decisions others wouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Tragic for the parents. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

do some really believe that he would put ANYTHING he believes in before his sons life. i find that hard to swallow, me thinks the papers are just looking to sell, sell, sell, as usual

Jett Travolta had Kawasaki's disease http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_disease
    (which Kelly Preston says he got from inhaling household chemicals as a child). It's speculated (by a lot of people) that Jett was also autistic.

As Scientologists they will not take any medication that affects brain chemistry, (due to Hubbard's/Scientology's hatred of Psychiatrists) and prefer Auditing to medical/ psychiological treatment.

Jett apparently had a history of siezures. I'd put cash money that he wasn't recieving proper medical treatment for his Kawasaki's disease (or for his autism, if he had it).

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

thats really bad, is it not considered neglect, if parents put their beliefs first

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

while it's tragic for any parent to lose a child, i'd well believe he was receiving Scientology treatment over proper medical treatment. To the poster who asked if any parent would put their belief over their kid's well-being; they probably thought they were doing the right thing. It's a well-publicised dangerous cult and if it's true it wouldn't be the first time someone's died because of their brainwashing, Lisa McPherson died in 1995.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

We don't know the facts but I would bet on it that Jett Travolta has Autism or a similar condition. Scientology doesn't believe in Autism therefore it would never have been formally diagnosed with him. Judging by a recent video of him on youtube it is apparent that he has major special needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

ah the poor kid,that makes it even worse if he didn't receive proper treatment. *shakes fist angrily at Scientologists*

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

They say he had a seizure. Not trying to sound thick or anything but is that a seizure from epilepsy or was that a symptom of kawasaki disease?

After watching that video on YouTube, he definately looks like he had some form of autism....

• Advertisement

MILF wrote: »
    They say he had a seizure. Not trying to sound thick or anything but is that a seizure from epilepsy or was that a symptom of kawasaki disease?

After watching that video on YouTube, he definately looks like he had some form of autism....

Scientology regards that seizure medicine as "Psychiatric drugs".

and what has Kelly Preston to say about psychiatric drugs?
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3102/3161428844_4477b2a7ef.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Hopefully now there will be a proper inquest find out how he really died and what was really wrong with him.Lets hope its not the scientoligists that do the autopsy otherwise we willl never find the truth.R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

I think over medicating is bad tbh. Intervention is extremely important - I dont get how he was seen going into the bathroom on thursday and not found untill the friday. Esp with such a condition. I am not judging them or anything but thought with all their money providing excellant care would be easier.

The Lawyers are out.

It's now claimed that Jett was (at some stage in the past) taking Depakote, a psychiotropic drug used for the treatment of bi-polar disorder and siezures, but that he had built up a tolerance to is so the family took him off it.

curiouser and curiouser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Kawasaki's disease

Not to be confused with Saturday Night Fever.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

thats really bad, is it not considered neglect, if parents put their beliefs first
    There was a case in the Irish Courts recently iirc where a mother was trying to refuse treatment, in the form of a blood transfusion, to her sick child because it was against her religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Who gives a ****. Somebody elses 16 year old son died this week. Hundreds of them but nobody cares.

I can unsterstand the interest if Travolta himself died but his kids aren't celebrities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Climate Expert Infracted - Please read the forum charter before you post again. Obviously people give a **** or they wouldn't be posting about it. If you don't care about something - then don't post in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 shuggashugga

Who gives a ****. Somebody elses 16 year old son died this week. Hundreds of them but nobody cares.

I can unsterstand the interest if Travolta himself died but his kids aren't celebrities.

classy...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

classy...:mad:
    Your'e the one who only cares about celebrities kids. I don't see you crying for other kids that you've never met in your life you disgusting hypocrite.

Advertisement