Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do ye consider a reasonable price for a pint of Stout/Lager?

Options

Comments

Did your pub not learn the first time? Beamish and guiness is not the same... simple as.

So you would pay the premium to drink Guinness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Zebra3 wrote: »
    €3.50 for a pint of stout.

Pub owners, the rip-off days are over.

Drop your prices or bye bye. :cool:
    Kold wrote: »
    A certain bar I frequent does €2.90 pints up until 9pm whenn they're kicked up to €4.80 or so. They'd hardly make a loss for 6 or 7 hours so I figure €3 would be a pretty fair price. At minimum wage that's about 1 hour getting you 2.5 pints. That seems a damn sight better than what it is now.
    Holsten wrote: »
    €3.50 Max.

Where?

doonothing wrote: »
    Where?

Actually where.Pubs with those prices should be promoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

They'd have to really be in the back-arse of nowhere to be charging that little. In my local (in a quite Wexford village) they used to charge €3.90 for a pint, it's now €4. In Wexford town it's gone up to €5 for a pint.

They'd have to really be in the back-arse of nowhere to be charging that little. In my local (in a quite Wexford village) they used to charge €3.90 for a pint, it's now €4. In Wexford town it's gone up to €5 for a pint.
    I wouldn't pay that price in Carrick on Shannon or Wexford.(the more expensive pint)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Royale (no cheese) €3 for Guinness and Budweiser.

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    Royale (no cheese) €3 for Guinness and Budweiser.

Really?Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

4 euro for decent pints of lager and for stout and cider

3/3.50 for the pubs/clubs stock drink. (in england its usually carling)

Really?Where?
    Stephen St, the other side of George's St from Stephen's Green. Search Boards - there have been a few threads.....

Edit: Search Royale Guinness

Not your ornery onager

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    4 euro for decent pints of lager and for stout and cider

3/3.50 for the pubs/clubs stock drink. (in england its usually carling)
    I blame Dublin.I guarantee the majority of publicans seek to make a small profit.I would actively encourage people to not enter the industry as it is soul destroying.People stab you in the back,make up lies.I was recently told tht I had told punters that the owner had taken their picture off the wall when in reality the person who said it first had robbed it about 2 weeks before but I kept quiet as I didnt wanna cause any disharnmony.

• Advertisement

Stephen St, the other side of George's St from Stephen's Green. Search Boards - there have been a few threads.....

Would I get stabbed/attacked?

In all honestly, you would get fairer values outside the city centre.

Safe enough in that regard. Bar at front is small and full of 'locals', the dining area closeby is comfortable and modern.

Not your ornery onager

I also blame that there is no in bulk slosh drink in Dublin.

You dont have a drink like Carling that is borderline piss but is bought in such bulk that it can be cheap in every pub.

THe closest we have is Guinness which is pretty much the opposite.

I also blame that there is no in bulk slosh drink in Dublin.

You dont have a drink like Carling that is borderline piss but is bought in such bulk that it can be cheap in every pub.

THe closest we have is Guinness which is pretty much the opposite.

If I had the money. i f would open a bar in city centre dublin charging 3.80 for a pint of stout and 4.30 for a pint of Lager(Bud,Ken,Carlsberg) and I probably not make much money but I would show that pubs in the city centre are ripping ye off.It's only because ye accept it that it happens.
    The pubs in the city centre are so money-centric that it is unbelievable that people will accept their prices.Come on guys,fcuk the trendy places,just look for value.

how much of that is influenced by over inflated property prices though?

Guys, support the local pubs,not the rip off merchants that operate in Dublin.There is more to Ireland than Dublin.

and if you live in dublin? (I actually live right by the city centre)

how much of that is influenced by over inflated property prices though?

A pretty substantial mortgage(in the region of hundreds of thousands) but we don't want to rip off customers as they are the ones who help us survive.:)

and if you live in dublin? (I actually live right by the city centre)
    The pub is in Leitrim.

Whats the range of prices?

• Advertisement

I am really confused?

what are we talking about again?

The prices Dublin pubs charge for drinks.

I am really confused?

Compared to what the keg cost to a Dublin pub.How they can reastically charge charge an extra euro onto a drink.

Working tonight.Gave the last wave of revellers a shot of Sambuca for freee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Anyone know why I can buy a drinkable bottle of wine in Spain/Portugal for a euro or under. Or buy a (drinkable) glass of wine for 20-30 cent there.

Why can I buy very good local beer abroad for F-all. I currently drink a lager for the equivalent of 1 euro 20 cent and its great stuff.

And yes there is Guinness/heineken etc here. A guinness costs the equivalent of 7 euro here and heineken/budweiser/etc isn't that much cheaper.

Why are our alcohol prices like this ? Look at the prices in other EU countries and Asia.

I am never going to pay the prices quoted here for a pint of Guinness, I love Guinness but those prices are beyond crazy.

monosharp wrote: »
    Anyone know why I can buy a drinkable bottle of wine in Spain/Portugal for a euro or under. Or buy a (drinkable) glass of wine for 20-30 cent there.

Why can I buy very good local beer abroad for F-all. I currently drink a lager for the equivalent of 1 euro 20 cent and its great stuff.

And yes there is Guinness/heineken etc here. A guinness costs the equivalent of 7 euro here and heineken/budweiser/etc isn't that much cheaper.

Why are our alcohol prices like this ? Look at the prices in other EU countries and Asia.

I am never going to pay the prices quoted here for a pint of Guinness, I love Guinness but those prices are beyond crazy.
    Guiness bough everybody out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I am really confused?

Lolz I thought it was just me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

6 dutch 7 euro anyone ??????

in sligo in the town pints are about 4.00-4.50, co sligo pint of guinness is about 3.90 ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

If pubs want people back in the door...stout 3.00 and Lager 3.50...Otherwise they are going to the wall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

€3.50 is a reasonable price

Advertisement