Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do ye consider a reasonable price for a pint of Stout/Lager?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

£2.50:P
    Think the average price in London is a little under that
    Was getting used to getting feck all change from a fiver back in Ireland, so buring a round for under a tenner her = win

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

In a local, €3 in a Dublin City Centre pub, €4.

Pretty much why I haven't been inside a pub for any length of time in a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Lager
    €4.50 in Dublin Niteclub
    €4 in Dublin Pub or country Niteclub
    €3.75 in Galway, Cork/other major city Pub
    €3.50 outside Dublin Pub

Stout
    10% less than all above.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well An Bróg in Cork do €2.90 before 9 o'clock and Freds do €3 before 7 or 8 I believe. Both city centre. Unfortunately both have the tendency to be filled with cocks, smell like disinfectant on a good day and the pints can be a little ick. But hey, I'm trying to get drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

There's no point having pints going cheap if they are dishing up slop!

I wouldn't or shall i say wish to pay more than 4euro for a pint of Guinness in Dublin. Problem is, a tiny minority of decent pubs do it but they are such rarities to find like what ya man said about that place in Stephen st!

Charging 4.50 to over a fiver for a pint of plain has driven me away to the offy instead.

Publicans just don't have the cop on. Jacking up prices makes people drink less, they are going to get hammered financially in this recession, maybe they are just thick and never went to school :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Kold wrote: »
    Well An Bróg in Cork do €2.90 before 9 o'clock and Freds do €3 before 7 or 8 I believe. Both city centre. Unfortunately both have the tendency to be filled with cocks, smell like disinfectant on a good day and the pints can be a little ick. But hey, I'm trying to get drunk.

Ah the Brog! I guess at €2.90 I can hardly complain about how 'different' they taste(which they do!)

Don't forget Preachers where you can get pitchers for €9! And you get to play the Wii. What more could you want.....besides more seating in there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

€3 thats loads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

blow69 wrote: »
    Ah the Brog! I guess at €2.90 I can hardly complain about how 'different' they taste(which they do!)

Don't forget Preachers where you can get pitchers for €9! And you get to play the Wii. What more could you want.....besides more seating in there:)

Less Greenday I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Guinness Drinker talking here

The strangest thing is the more expensive the pint, the worse it tastes!

My local back home in wexford charges €4 for a pint. I used to get outstanding pints in a real locals inner city pub in Dublin for €4 also (used to live around the corner).

I assume all pubs pay the same for a keg from their suppliers. However pubs litterly across the road from each other can charge more than €1 extra for the same product

I have stopped going to pubs much as the prices are too high, I can't justify paying them. The odd time I like a nice bottle of Tyskie. €1.79 in Aldi. Was once charged €6.50 in the Porterhouse (have not set foot in the place since). Cook a meal for a few friends, have them over for a chat/game of cards and you have a great night for a fraction of the price with no worries about sh!te music/drunken fools/taxis home etc

In any case to answer the OP's question €3 for a pint of guinness

BTW The Brog in Cork FTW :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

€4 for the usual Heino, Carlsberg, Bud etc, €3.50 for Guiness and €3 for Fosters etc... In Dublin

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

In Berlin is it 1€ {with 15c refund for the bottle 500ml} from a shop and ~2€-2.50€ max from a pub also 500ml.

The max I feel is far in Ireland is MAX 4€ per pint in Dublin City, maybe 4.50€ in a Club if there is no cover charge and <4.50€ if there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭hallstatt

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Lager
    €4.50 in Dublin Niteclub
    €4 in Dublin Pub or country Niteclub
    €3.75 in Galway, Cork/other major city Pub
    €3.50 outside Dublin Pub

Stout
    10% less than all above.

Agreed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

People have their own brand of drink , and wouldn't touch Bavaria if it was being , given away.

ie : A Guinness drinker is not going to order Bavaria just because it is being sold cheaper than Guinness.
    Same goes for anyone that sticks to a particular brand.

So I am not surprised it failed.

It failed because people dont know thier arses fromn thier elobows when it comes to value.
    Fair enough the guiness drinkers will only drink guiness but there's plenty of halfwits out there who drink watery budweiser(and pay the earth for it) because its the "cool" thing to drink.
    I have another theory on budweiser to..the "hard men" in the tracksuits who drink the stuff do so because they cant actually hack the taste of alcohol.You often see gangs of scum in offys buying trays of bud and crates of bluewkd..ponces the lot of em.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Should be 2/3e at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

€2.50-€3

Luckily the Hole in the Wall in Galway does em at €2.50 a pint (but its fosters, never the less its drink!)

Advertisement