Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Character Info in Portobello / Rathmines = Guy with hat and glasses at canal

Options
  • 03-01-2009 6:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hello,

Everynight that I walk along the canal in Portobello there is this creepy looking chap a with hat and glasses sitting at the canal.

Whats the deal with this guy, was he once a swan? is he an escaped mental patient?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Why is he creepy? Because you have decided so or because he cuts the heads off swans and drinks freely from their necks??

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MrMiyagi

Well he is always there at night.

In terms of him drinking swan blood that could be happening. He might be some class of a swan vampire, im not sure of the medical benefits of drinking swan blood though.

Are you thinking of Patrick Kavanagh by any chance?

Patrick_Kavanagh_by_the_Grand_Canal.jpg

Looks a bit creepy at night

Looks a bit like him, but this guy is farther up the canal past the portobello bar and college, also I am not sure if this guy is from monaghan and he wears a wool hat

It could be his ghost wearing a more modern hat, I think hes either highly photosensitive, a swan vampire or a ghost cause he is not seen during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Rathmines is freak central at the best of times. I used to live there many years ago and remember a very odd chap who wore a pastiche 1970's suit and a pair of brown brogues that I'd often see just pacing up and down Rathmines Road and occasionally on Georges Street. He had a kind of lost look in his eye and would literally stare at everyone who walked past. Or another old geezer with a beard who carried a small shabby suitcase with him wherever he went. Strangely I actually miss some of these oddballs and misfits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Whereabouts does he sit? I've don't think I've ever seen him in my many times walking down that part of the canal.

Hello,

Yeah there are alot of characters in the region.

He sits on the benches at the canal midway between the Portobello bar and Griffith College. He has round glasses and a wool hat. He is always there from 12 on at night.

He might be doing the graveyard shift on the canal gates but there isnt much heavy shipping coming from rotterdam at that hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

MrMiyagi wrote: »
    Hello,

Yeah there are alot of characters in the region.

He sits on the benches at the canal midway between the Portobello bar and Griffith College. He has round glasses and a wool hat. He is always there from 12 on at night.

He might be doing the graveyard shift on the canal gates but there isnt much heavy shipping coming from rotterdam at that hour.

I must look out for him tonight as I'll be treking back from Rathmines along the canal about 2am or so.

Advertisement