Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much land do I need???

Options
  • 03-01-2009 6:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hopefully someone can help me,

when applying for my .22lr licence I know I need permission to shoot on land but can anyone tell me what would be the minimum amount of land I would need to get permission to shoot on??

Oh and anyone here for the Galway/west area of the counrty that has some land I can shoot vermint on or know someone that would let me shoot on their land let me know :D:D

Cheers,

Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

About 200 acre divided over two landowners should do the trick. You can also try and join a gunclub or a range and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

ASFIK,there isnt ANY requirements for a minimum acerage size to shoot over with a 22LR.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

3 seperate landowner permissions is the norm now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I was asked by the FO to get 1 farmer to give me permission and he only had 80 acres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

As Grizzly has already said, I don't think there are any hard and fast nationwide requirements, this is something that appears to vary widely from District to District, and sometimes even from applicant to applicant.
    Some Superintendents appear to be satisfied with a minimum number of acres ('hectares' for the childer here :D), others require a minimum number of landowners (a useful guide to the applicant's standing in their community), while most seem to want a combination of the two.
    This is another thing that can only be determined at a local level by actually talking to the Firearms Officer, but having 80-100 acres (30-40ha) and at least one landowner in hand would seem to be a good baseline to start from when making your first approach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭alcon1984

cool, thanks for all the replies :D

Advertisement