Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dublin garages that buy old cars ?

Options
  • 03-01-2009 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi, Would anyone know of any garages who buy old cars for the parts etc for a nominal sum. I have a 96 Suzuki Alto on the driveway (no tax / insurance / NCT so I can't drive it). Also it now has a flat battery :(
    But it got through the nct in 06, and is in pretty good shape, so I guess there are some parts could be salvaged.
    Want to sell ot to a garage so I'm no longer listed as the registered owner. Anyone know any places that might be interested in it ?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

I think you might have to pay someone to take it away tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

You could list it in the freebies section of adverts.ie, and change ownership when someone collects it.

no garage will buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

mark 2008 wrote: »
    Hi, Would anyone know of any garages who buy old cars for the parts etc for a nominal sum. I have a 96 Suzuki Alto on the driveway (no tax / insurance / NCT so I can't drive it). Also it now has a flat battery :(
    But it got through the nct in 06, and is in pretty good shape, so I guess there are some parts could be salvaged.
    Want to sell ot to a garage so I'm no longer listed as the registered owner. Anyone know any places that might be interested in it ?
    cheers

I don't think there are too many other 96 Alto's driving around for a scrapper to take it, and the price of scrap metal has crashed so no one will buy it for that either. But you may get someone on adverts.ie, or stick it in the Broken and Stolen for free, who has one and wants a free donor vehicle. One thing to be aware of with this is too make sure the car is undrivable before giving it away. In case someone takes it and doesn't tax it, you will keep getting fines etc till it's taxed. You aren't the owner but do you want the hassle of explaining that every few weeks.

Check your local council. SDCC takes cars for free, DLRCC didn't. Not too sure about the rest.

Advertisement