Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our fans were tosspots last night

Options
  • 03-01-2009 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

'I didn't know anything about it,' said Redknapp. 'I had to ask the lad what was going on. They obviously had the needle about something. I didn't want to change the atmosphere of the game with 10 minutes to go from having everyone buoyant at 2-0 up to him running on and 30-odd thousand booing. It would have had a terrible effect on the team. Gilberto was the same. I can't play him either. It leaves me with a squad of about nine.'

Left back Gilberto was jeered and subbed at half-time against Spartak Moscow last month. Redknapp said it was hard to see either having a future at the club but asked for fans to accept them.

'We all make mistakes and everyone deserves a second chance,' said the Spurs boss.

Fcuking embarrassing to hear Defoe's name from the lower Park Lane all last night, especially when Bent was being substituted.

I can't believe Redknapp hasn't been made aware of the circumstances re. Ghaly, but the booing last night was a disgrace. I'm sick of the negativity that comes from our stands on match day, particularly when contrasted with the total lack of support for the players who are on the pitch.

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

It was totally cringeworthy.
    Too many drunken tw@ts trying to do the managers job for him.
    Why can't they just support the team ?
    Idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

agreed.i'm also fed up of the"stand up if you hate arsenal" chant that starts as soon as we kick off.i'd rather sing positive songs about spurs than negative ones about those tossers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

hotspur147 wrote: »
    agreed.i'm also fed up of the"stand up if you hate arsenal" chant that starts as soon as we kick off.i'd rather sing positive songs about spurs than negative ones about those tossers

Totally agree, that song makes me cringe.
    I only sing it when we play them.
    Totally Irelevant at other games.
    Makes us look pethetic and Westham-like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Totally agree, that song makes me cringe.
    I only sing it when we play them.
    Totally Irelevant at other games.
    Makes us look pethetic and Westham-like

Don't sing it, and I don't stand up.....soddin' pathetic :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Terrible to see a player booed so much that the manager has to revoke his decision to bring him on. The chap did make a formal apology to the fans after the Blackburn incident and he should have been allowed get on with his game, although after the perculiar incidents surrounding his loans/transfers the boy always appeared to be be a bit of a troublemaker.....

I didn't even realise he was still on our books, crazy that he has only been given a squad number since harry came in?

Alas, fans are fickle, Pavyluchenko for Captain!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Anyone know where I can catch the highlights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Kold wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can catch the highlights?

highlights at http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1929357/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

hotspur147 wrote: »

we are all spurs fans and all hate hate arsenal why pay for a seat if your gonna stand up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm all for giving Ghaly another chance,who knows he might be better than some of the so called midfielders we have...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

I think Ghaly is a very talented player, and he has a lot of potential which i would absolutely love for him to show for us rather than anybody else. I was appalled by what happened during the match. I hope Harry plays him soon, and he plays out of his skin and shuts some of those fools up.

• Advertisement

Ghaly should have been shown the door a long time ago. He's an average journeyman and nothing more. Prefer to try one of the youngsters rather than him.

Moving back to the original post the singing of Defoes name was embarassing in the extreme. I'll happily sing his name when/if he returns but whilst he's still at another club/:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Fcuking embarrassing to hear Defoe's name from the lower Park Lane all last night, especially when Bent was being substituted.

I can't believe Redknapp hasn't been made aware of the circumstances re. Ghaly, but the booing last night was a disgrace. I'm sick of the negativity that comes from our stands on match day, particularly when contrasted with the total lack of support for the players who are on the pitch.

:mad:

Ghaly should have been fcuked out straight after what happenned, although I know he was on the verge of signing for Birmingham etc...

Id rather see Rose,Taarabt or Parrett be involved in the 1s team than Ghaly, although at the end of the day, Harry is the boss and I'll go with whatever decision he makes.

In Harry, we trust ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭bertson

Ghaly is a big boy. I suspect Harry will use any opportunity he can to put fringe players like Ghaly in the shop window with the hope of getting rid of him.

As for the Defoe chants - love affairs with medicore players is not uncommon:), but paying 5 million more than you sold him for a year ago is very bad business

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

yiddo wrote: »
    Ghaly should have been shown the door a long time ago. He's an average journeyman and nothing more. Prefer to try one of the youngsters rather than him.

Moving back to the original post the singing of Defoes name was embarassing in the extreme. I'll happily sing his name when/if he returns but whilst he's still at another club/:rolleyes:

Defoes name was sung at the lane for the second half of last season. The prodigal son has returned. We never wanted him to leave and he didn't want to leave either.

Defoes name was sung at the lane for the second half of last season. The prodigal son has returned. We never wanted him to leave and he didn't want to leave either.

Yeah he wasn't bad for a 3rd choice striker. Lets see how it does as the main man :D;)

Advertisement