Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap / discount magazines ?

• 03-01-2009 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi. Anyone know anywhere in Dublin you can get cheap or discounted UK or international magazines ? esspecially movie magazines. I know Reads of Nassau Street used to do them, but then they were taken over by Easons and they stopped. So wondering if anyone knows any shops selling even out of date mags cheaply ? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Often small news agents will give you their out of date magazines for free if you have a good reason for wanting them. I know my local news agent only has to return the front cover of unsold magazines for a refund.He has often been happy to part with big boxes of month old mags with no front cover to people who are ill or in hospital as it saves him disposing of them.If you ask in a small or local shop you might be lucky.

Also subscriptions to US mags tend to work out very well if you buy from the publisher. I bought my mum a subscription to a US mag for what equated to E26 including delivery this year.To buy it monthly in town used to cost her E86 over the year!

Advertisement