Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Blog Awards, 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

DarrenG wrote: »
    I also have a great idea for badges for the boards.ie photobloggers attending the awards night :D

With my new found love for all things badgey, I find myself very interested in your plans :D I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Monasette

The good thing about the current format is that every blog nominated gets at least some 'link love' - and should pick up a few new viewers as a result.

The longlist should drive a bit more traffic to the listed blogs , and so forth for the shortlist.

When I was previously nominated, the difference in traffic was substantial - even for the long-list.

Congrats to all the boardies that got this far.

Ryan, are you taking the pics this year ?

Monasette wrote: »
    The longlist should drive a bit more traffic to the listed blogs , and so forth for the shortlist.

Absolutely, my visitor numbers are up near enough 1000 for the month of January :D
    Ryan, are you taking the pics this year ?

Surely I am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

rymus wrote: »
    Absolutely, my visitor numbers are up near enough 1000 for the month of January :D

Unique visitors? That gives me a benchmark and I'm not doing too badly.

dunno.. didnt bother looking to be honest. I only check the stats every other when I'm bored. Noticed I'm getting far less referrals from you these days though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Marcus

Noticed I'm getting far less referrals from you these days though.
    LOL! Meoow :)

control yourself there for gods sake.. I'm just telling him so he can push loads of that traffic he's getting my way, therefore winning the blog awards for me. It's all related

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

No need to feel alone kjt, I didn't make it either, sure there's always next year :) well done everyone that made it, looking forward to seeing the eventual winner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Well done all. I notice a mad burst into life of a few of them lately :D

Can't figure why Kyle didn't get in when some (more than one) are not even photoblogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

alb wrote: »
    No need to feel alone kjt, I didn't make it either, sure there's always next year :) well done everyone that made it, looking forward to seeing the eventual winner!

We'll take them by storm Alb!! Sorry to hear you didn't get in either.

Thanks guys, ahh well I'm sure there was plenty of reasons behind it. It'll just make me work harder on the blog which I was planning to do anywho.

Again, best of luck to everybody! I'll be keeping a close eye and be here to push you guys along :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

kjt wrote: »
    It'll just make me work harder on the blog which I was planning to do anywho.
    )

great attitude - I find motivation to keep mine going, so difficult at times - so I really wish you and ALB well

kjt wrote: »
    It'll just make me work harder on the blog which I was planning to do anywho.

Always a good thing. I started www.glasseyalley.com just after the blog awards last year in a similar burst of inspiration.

Unique visitors? That gives me a benchmark and I'm not doing too badly.

Just checked mine and it was 1299 total uniques for January. It is interesting to know how that compares. I'd imagine it is on the low side?

Valentia wrote: »
    Just checked mine and it was 1299 total uniques for January. It is interesting to know how that compares. I'd imagine it is on the low side?

I had 2794 unique visitors for January. Looks like February will easily break that as the visitors are through the roof at the moment. They must be all lost :pac:

Good stuff!:D There doesn't seem to be any increase in mine? There was one day in the middle of Jan that had 300 visits. I'd love to know what happened there.

it came to me in a very ****ed up dream last night.. I now know who's going to win best photoblog. Or at least, I have my prediction.

it came to me in a very ****ed up dream last night.. I now know who's going to win best photoblog. Or at least, I have my prediction.

I have a prediction too. I need to make a wager somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

With my new found love for all things badgey, I find myself very interested in your plans :D I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

I still have the "official" press pass versions you created a while back - might want to use them instead?? hahahaha

we need to contact paddy power. he'll take anyones money...

y'know... if a few of us wanted to make this a bit 'sporting' we could nominate an independent party to keep track of the bets.. Tenner in, winner takes all :D

I'll hold the money!!

On that numbers stuff I looked at another log and it is waaaaaaay higher for Feb than the other one. I dunno!

• Advertisement

k.. write your prediction on a piece of paper, seal in an envelope and post it to yourself.. bring envelope along to blog awards evening with tenner in hand :D

Some of the logs vary widly. I have one that has visitors at 12k for January but it's miles ahead of the other logs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

January 600+ unique visiters. As I hadn't really been updating it, I'm a bit surprised by that.

k.. write your prediction on a piece of paper, seal in an envelope and post it to yourself.. bring envelope along to blog awards evening with tenner in hand :D

I would go but my alcohol intake is limited for awhile and I'm not going if I can't get mouldy. I'll still hold the money tho'. :mad: What was it Charlton Heston said....?

Ok I'm in for a wager. I'll post (as in An Post) my prediction tomorrow. Must remember to bring it to Cork though.

Calina wrote: »
    January 600+ unique visiters. As I hadn't really been updating it, I'm a bit surprised by that.

Just stuck another one on there for Feb for ya ;)

Ok I'm in for a wager. I'll post (as in An Post) my prediction tomorrow. Must remember to bring it to Cork though.

I think there is a shortlist on Friday or something. Maybe you'd better wait...

it's pretty clear to those in the know who'll be on the short list ;)

Although now having said that, I probably wont be on it! Ohh ironic irony.. how delicious you are.

it's pretty clear to those in the know who'll be on the short list ;)

I wouldn't have a blind notion TBH. Except for the odd non photoblog most are pretty damn good

• Advertisement

Valentia wrote: »
    Except for the odd non photoblog most are pretty damn good

Nail.. on.. head..

Thank you, and goodnight!

Advertisement