Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

why? ohhhhhhhhhhh, why?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Matt Simis wrote: »
    The dash clocks are the cause of a load of errors due to the missing M5 parts!

Aye, which again can be changed. Minor details.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Sweet baby Jesus of Nazareth...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

So the main problem with this 5 series is it's badged as an M5, well that is very easy remove. What's the problem with having nicer steering wheel and dash clocks?

But it's also so less tasteful than the Kahn RR you posted above - for example look at the front grille, it just blends into the black of the bonnet. It barely looks like a BMW from the front, and more like some sort of japcrap ricer car.
    The pillars and doorframes also look pretty **** in orange IMO, same with the boot..

Maybe he might have just about pulled off the look he was going for by giving it a fake carbon fibre bonnet and roof, and left the rest orange, but I d'know... *Sigh* It reeks of fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭coolbeans

The 5 series is an ugly car lads. I don't care what any of you say but it's design is messy, contrived and unresolved. Compared to its predecessors it's been a big letdown. Been on the market now almost five years and it's still a mess. I know aesthetics are subjective but it's fuggin' ugly; end of. If it didn't have a propeller on the bonnet many more of you would be agreeing with me

I know some of you will lambast me and post pics of an M5 as a counter to my argument but a butch looking, steroid enhanced car, no matter how much presence it's got is never going to be beautiful.
    Re the car in the ad. Well yes it's pretty ugly but not much more so than the standard model. The paint is outlandishly garish but the black does take the emphasis away from the ugly tail end when viewed from the side. Plus the wheels look good...
    Anyway it's mutton dressed as lamb so it doesn't really matter to me. I'd never drive a TDI RS4 or a 530d M5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

coolbeans wrote: »
    I'd never drive a 530d M5.

Clearly as they don't exist. Good jayzus.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Clearly as they don't exist. Good jayzus.:rolleyes:

Yes I know. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

coolbeans wrote: »
    The 5 series is an ugly car lads. I don't care what any of you say but it's design is messy, contrived and unresolved. Compared to its predecessors it's been a big letdown. Been on the market now almost five years and it's still a mess. I know aesthetics are subjective but it's fuggin' ugly; end of. If it didn't have a propeller on the bonnet many more of you would be agreeing with me

I know some of you will lambast me and post pics of an M5 as a counter to my argument but a butch looking, steroid enhanced car, no matter how much presence it's got is never going to be beautiful.
    Re the car in the ad. Well yes it's pretty ugly but not much more so than the standard model. The paint is outlandishly garish but the black does take the emphasis away from the ugly tail end when viewed from the side. Plus the wheels look good...
    Anyway it's mutton dressed as lamb so it doesn't really matter to me. I'd never drive a TDI RS4 or a 530d M5.

This whole post on the looks of the current 5 series is subjective and garbage in my opinion, but then - thats my opinion too.:)

This whole post on the looks of the current 5 series is subjective and garbage in my opinion, but then - thats my opinion too.:)

Apparently we're all entitled to 'em. Not if I had my way ;). Anyway I still think that if you put a Hyundai or a Ford badge on a 5 series the consensus on its aesthetic qualities would be quite different.

Advertisement