Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine service?

Options
  • 03-01-2009 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭

As everyone in the Wood got the same washing machines, has anyone needed to get theirs serviced? Ours is making some terrible noises this week!

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 FVC

is it a scraping noise ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Mike I had to get someone out to look at mine when I was in the court and the problem was (its hard to explain) the motor had a little bit missing (must have broke during a spin). He changed the motor and all was grand but it was still under warranty so no idea how much a new motor would cost. Anyway the missing bit caused the machine to make awful noises.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

FVC wrote: »
    is it a scraping noise ?
    Yes. Seems to be anytime water goes into the drum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 FVC

sounds like the metal from an underwire bra has broken free - has happened to us in the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

There's a saying: RTFM.

I found the manual and did a couple of things it suggests and lo and behold, no more noise. I think 4 seasons of washing rugby gear in it has accumulated a lot of mud.

Thanks for the responses anyway.

M

• Advertisement
Advertisement