Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time not sleeping...

Options
  • 03-01-2009 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭

Heya,

Last night i went to bed around 12.30am...and im still awake now!

i honestly could not sleep a wink, and i havent slept since 12.30pm when i woke up on friday morning.

im a little bit slow at the moment, but otherwise fine. i dont even feel that tired! usually when i miss on a full 8 hours, even if i get 7, im like a wrench the next day.

i've no worries, or anything on my mind to keep me awake all night.

why did this happen!!!???

any ideas?

cheers
    SmS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Do you drink a lot of coffee or eat sweet things? Have you been working over the new years? Stressful job?

I find that Im the same sometimes, particularly over the holiday season, where your body is slightly confused with the lack of regime. I think it should pass, I try and drink PLENTY of water during the day (about 2.5 litres) and I firmly believe this helps me to relax in the evening.

Obviously this advice is no substitute for seeing a professional, if this problem persists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

i dont drink coffee, and the last thing i ate was salmon around 20.00, and i didnt eat any sweets either!!!

I've been on holidays for the last two weeks from work, and the job itself is not really that stressful!

i'd definitely say the lack of regime has something to do with it, and i'll drink plenty of water too!

thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭wallycool

Was the salmon smoked. It must be that so . Dont worry bout it man maybe your excited or something thats all. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

2,5 liters isnt plenty. 2litres is the recommended daily intake.

I would suggest exercise to tire yourself out but since I've never done that, I cant really say its from experience. Go for a jog or something.

I read another thing that said if you arent tired and you cant sleep or just cant sleep get up and do something productive. Whatever that may be. Reading, writing, cleaning, go for a walk, something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Salmon is pretty heavy to eat after 5:30 your not meant to eat really after that time as your body is not digesting it quick enough.
    Times of eating before the hour after you wake up and 5:30 not after.
    Only very light things after that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved from the the Nocturnal Forum, before the crazies get into it.

Advertisement