Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Wrestlemania title plans Potential spoilers

• 03-01-2009 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the current WWE creative plan heading into Wrestlemania calls for Jeff Hardy to drop the title to Edge. In what most consider to be a lock at this point, former TNA Champion Christian is expected to debut with WWE in the near future to somehow screw Hardy out of the title. He will most likely be revealed as the mystery attacker that struck Jeff Hardy in his hotel room at the Survivor Series PPV, and this will be the catalyst for a grudge match between Hardy and Christian at Wrestlemania. The WWE title, meanwhile, will most likely be defended by Edge against Triple H in one of two Wrestlemania main events. Of course these plans can always change, but as of now this is the direction in which creative seems to be moving heading into the Royal Rumble PPV.

Highlight above

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Please provide a source this article (as dictated by the forum charter) or I'll delete this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Good enough for me, cheers CBG :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

orestes wrote: »
    Good enough for me, cheers CBG :)

No problemo.

One gripe i have about this idea is would christian be aligned then with edge..
    I know it would be obvious that he would, but i wonder what the back story they would give behind christian attacking jeff, months before he eventually won the wwe belt?

One thing which would be good would be a jeff v christian match.

As long as christian was up to the ability he was in TNA and Jeff was still as extreme as he was the last few weeks it could be a good match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Good ol Triple H.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Very abbreviated version of the full story :pac:

Meltzer wrote that the plan at this time every year is for HHH to win the title at Wrestlemania. Last year the plan was for him to win it at the Rumble, but that changed, and then it changed again at Wrestlemania because they thought it was too obvious

There's a lot of people in the company who feel that Jeff's done a great job so far and that the title shouldn't be taken off him, so that booking plan is hardly set in stone

That story also leaves out the part about Jeff winning either the Rumble or Elimination Chamber but passing up on the title shot to get a match with Christian. But for that to work, Christian's debut would have to be pretty big

So basically that's the Observer article minus the disclaimer that's four times as long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I'm glad Christian is returning i'd prefer if Jeff keeps the title or drops it to Christian maybe have Christian/Edge/Jeff in TLC for the WWE Title at WM - let HHH feud with MVP or Mr. Kennedy and stay out of the title picture at WM

Advertisement