Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luca Modric

Options
  • 03-01-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

I thought Modric sparkled in center midfield last night.
    Lovely movement, turn of pace, change of direction, neat tidy passing, always showing for the ball, chipped in with a goal.

This little fella reminds me of Ardiles.
    Harry needs to find him a top quality partner.
    I think Modric is a huge asset to our club, Harry should be building his new team around him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

I sincerely hope that Harry can find a place for both Modric & Huddlestone on a regular basis.
    Good football is obviously about hustling to get the ball back when the opposition have it and retaining posession when you've got it. Modric and Huddlestone rarely give the ball away and can both find some superb passes....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Luka has an amazing amount of ability, thought himself, O'Hara and Bale worked the ball beautifully down the left hand side for the first 60mins although O'Hara appeared a few matches short of full fitness toward the end.

There were two spells in the second half where our midfield duo were not closing down quick enough and Wigan almost capitalised. Whilst Zokora is amazingly quick at tracking back I wonder whether our two CM close down enough and break up the play as Wigan seemed to stroll into our half with ease on occasions.

Finally, does bentley practice crossing and free kicks in training? Very inconsistent, came good about 60/70mins.....

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

O'Hara and Bale worked the ball beautifully down the left hand side for the first 60mins although O'Hara appeared a few matches short of full fitness toward the end.

Finally, does bentley practice crossing and free kicks in training? Very inconsistent, came good about 60/70mins.....

What were you watchin...though o'hara was awful! Contributed very little! Surprised he lasted the game and someone else wasnt given a run out!!!!
    Bale still same as always!!! Dont think they worked well together...not much communication between them!! O'hara not much of a winger!

AS far as bently is concerned...i am sick to death of looking at him hoofin balls to nobody! When he pulls out the pin-point pass...i wonder 'why cant he do it all the time?' And he doesnt really contribute to defending much...i.e. the n'zogbia goal we conceded at newcastle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

have to agree whitey, im a big fan of jamie o hara but thought he was poor last night. worked hard off the ball but created little on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I thought Modric sparkled in center midfield last night.
    Lovely movement, turn of pace, change of direction, neat tidy passing, always showing for the ball, chipped in with a goal.

This little fella reminds me of Ardiles.
    Harry needs to find him a top quality partner.
    I think Modric is a huge asset to our club, Harry should be building his new team around him.

I completely agree Dub. He's a diamond, and has massive amounts of ability, probably the best player technically we've had at the Lane in a long time ;).

We need a very strong defensive player though to compliment him, lets hope harry has someone up his sleeve.

• Advertisement
Advertisement