Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fast response re hydraulic oil

Options
  • 03-01-2009 2:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

long story short one of the new workers put diesel into the hydraulic oil in the loader. terex 860. i know its probably the wrong form but ye mechanics might know something. we are draining it at the moment. will there be any damage done

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

long story short one of the new workers put diesel into the hydraulic oil in the loader. terex 860. i know its probably the wrong form but ye mechanics might know something. we are draining it at the moment. will there be any damage done

If you were in Cuba, you could actully leave the diesel in there and work away, the only effect it would have is to thin the hydraulic oil. I heard of water being used to run hydraulic machinery over there because they couldn't get hydraulic oil due to the trade embargo. Just drain the mixture out and replace.

I had one particular car lift in a garage that used to get very slow in winter because the viscosity of the hydraulic oil changed with temperature and I drained out the oil and put in diesel, happy days!

Advertisement