Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who says it's "family friendly"?

• 03-01-2009 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/sdspecial/vickienude/

Poor Vickie, I'd like to know just how much input she has into her character. I can't believe she would have agreed to this, it must be humiliating for her surely?

In regards to WWE's new "kid friendly" direction, I guess it would have to depend on your definition of that term to have an opinion on it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

That's some weird sh*t! I know WWE had mentioned the existance of nude Vickie photos on smackdown but why the need to put them up on WWE.com as if they were real nude photos that someone managed to find? It's blatenly a photo shoot that WWE did for this specific reason; the fact that half of the photos are blacked out shows that beyond any doubt!

Family friendly my a$$! If they were really committed to being a family friendly show, they wouldn't be doing this sort of stuff.

I really don't understand why they need to do this or what it adds to the show. It's not like they need to do this to get more heat on Vickie! She's a heat machine as it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

I've seen more nudity on a skin care ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

rizzla wrote: »
    I've seen more nudity on a skin care ad.

True, but I think the pictures suggest that Vicki had to strip nude and pose for these pictures. Maybe I'm blind and her head has been photoshopped onto a body that looks like her own?:confused:

Before anyone says it, I'm not a prude. This isn't a playboy shoot that celebrates a diva. It's just a longstanding issue now that the WWE have taken the piss out of Vickie and her looks with embarassing comments made toward her from Batista and Triple H. Now this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Jaysus she is a wreck of a thing.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That's pretty low alright but they've scraped the barrel in worse ways over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

So I am assume everyone would be equally outraged if Mc Cool or Maryse had done this?:rolleyes:
    You see nothing so whats the big fuss? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Meh, to me this is just an attempt to get hits on the website.

And if everyone that has read this thread has then.....

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Before anyone says it, I'm not a prude. This isn't a playboy shoot that celebrates a diva. It's just a longstanding issue now that the WWE have taken the piss out of Vickie and her looks with embarassing comments made toward her from Batista and Triple H. Now this.

I'm also not a prude, I have zero problem with naked women, in fact I would encourage nakedness of the female form:pac:. The nudity is not my issue with this at all. I just don't see any point to WWE doing this naked photo angle. What gain is there for any party involved in this? It makes WWE's family friendly policy look questionable, Vickie already gets enough heat on her own without any of this.

As far as i can see, the only thing this serves to do is to embarass Vickie. If anyone can see any other purpose this angle serves, please do say, cos i can't think of any!

I'm also not a prude, I have zero problem with naked women, in fact I would encourage nakedness of the female form:pac:. The nudity is not my issue with this at all. I just don't see any point to WWE doing this naked photo angle. What gain is there for any party involved in this? It makes WWE's family friendly policy look questionable, Vickie already gets enough heat on her own without any of this.

Agreed, it's not the issue here. I was just protecting myself from any attacks with that angle on it.:p
    As far as i can see, the only thing this serves to do is to embarass Vickie. If anyone can see any other purpose this angle serves, please do say, cos i can't think of any!

Again I agree. I mean what was the point of this "storyline" other than providing Triple H with some material for his promos taking the piss out of her?

Rjd2 wrote: »
    So I am assume everyone would be equally outraged if Mc Cool or Maryse had done this?:rolleyes:

Like I said, it's not the nudity that I have a problem with. And yes, McCool or Maryse would be different as they are not middle aged mothers of 2 and they wrestle in skimpy enough gear as it is. It's quite clear that if either of the above posed nude, it would be to gain publicity and further their career by getting a big push. I can't imagine Vickie would have the same reasons; in fact, I can't imagine that she would even want to do this at all for that matter.

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »

As I said, it's not a playboy spread "celebrating" a diva. Tell me, what is the point of this subplot within a main event storyline other than to give Triple H material for his "comedic" one liners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

I can't imagine Vickie would have the same reasons; in fact, I can't imagine that she would even want to do this at all for that matter.

You can't really speak for her. She's probably amazingly comfortable in her skin and is glad to pose nude.

You can't really speak for her. She's probably amazingly comfortable in her skin and is glad to pose nude.

True, i can't speak for her. But if I can't, neither can you;). None of us know for certainty what she's like or what her attitude to posing nude is. We can only speculate and my speculative comment is equally valid as yours.

Exactly just because she does not look like Maryse, it does not mean that she is not totally comfortable with herself. The women has become a star over the last year and the WWE deserve credit for this, the pictures are harmless enough,and I doubt she would have agreed to do them if she did not want to.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    As I said, it's not a playboy spread "celebrating" a diva. Tell me, what is the point of this subplot within a main event storyline other than to give Triple H material for his "comedic" one liners?

Aye but he does it so well though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Good on her, she's a fine thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

that is completely disgusting!!!!

she older than my grandma + shes way too old to be doing that kinda stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

If she is doing this by her own free will let her off, BUT if Vince is forcing her to do this then I have a problem.

Lets remember she has to feed her family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ShaneR84

*fap* *fap* *fap*

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Good on her, she's a fine thing
    Hahaha, ah Gerard, I love you in a way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 the-girl

oh gosh!
    she thinks shes sexy
    look at the expression on her face!
    yuck