Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3BeingIN6th

Options
  • 03-01-2009 3:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

This lad just banned me for absolutely no reason. He said i ruined his joke! He hadn't even posted on the thread I was on.

Please look into this and take the appropriate action?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055452260&goto=newpost

Thanks in advance,
    TL
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

TheLoc wrote: »
    This lad just banned me for absolutely no reason. He said i ruined his joke! He hadn't even posted on the thread I was on.

Please look into this and take the appropriate action?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055452260&goto=newpost

Thanks in advance,
    TL

What part about the personnal abuse did you choose to ignore the most?

what are you on about u clown?
    Banned for personal abuse and for ruining my does the lord count as a person? joke.

Mostly the personal abuse though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

You called someone a clown - that's personal abuse. Doesn't matter if it's mild or if you feel it was justified - you can't get personal with someone and insult them, which is what you were doing.

Why on earth did you leave that out of your opening post here? It doesn't exactly make things look good for you.

Oh and Terry (the real name of the moderator) stole my "Does the lord count as a person?" joke (which I stole from The Simpsons but that's besides the point) so I'm gonna ban him now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

What part about the personnal abuse did you choose to ignore the most?
    you didn't write any message? that was some guy called citizen who was talking about beating people up in nightclubs! thats why I said "what are you on about u clown?"

Because I didn't know what he was on about. A clown is not a bad word by the way. Nothing wrong with it. It was used in the playful sense. If the message from Citizen was a joke it was a wierd and not funny one. So I suggest you review what you've done and rethink it because it doesn't make any sense. I didn't see any "does the lord count" joke anywhere?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Pretty open and shut then.

And it's <3BeingIN6th not 3BeingIN6th. Dont freak out 6th like that.

Dudess wrote: »
    You called someone a clown - that's personal abuse. Doesn't matter if it's mild or if you feel it was justified - you can't get personal with someone and insult them, which is what you were doing.

Why on earth did you leave that out of your opening post here? It doesn't exactly make things look good for you.

Oh and Terry (the real name of the moderator) stole my "Does the lord count as a person?" joke (which I stole from The Simpsons but that's besides the point) so I'm gonna ban him now...
    What does the lord count joke? I didn't see any joke about that. I was referring to a quote by Citizen. nothing to do with u

• Advertisement

Pretty open and shut then.

And it's <3BeingIN6th not 3BeingIN6th. Dont freak out 6th like that.
    haha whats the difference? they look the same. is there something i'm missing here or is everyone gone mad? I copied and pasted his name so its the same way as he spelt it.

Anything being said here besides the issue at hand is not to be taken seriously (take no notice of the "lord as a person" joke stuff, that's just messing)... so back to the issue at hand: "Playful", "joking" etc... irrelevant. You called the guy a "clown" with the intention to insult. Doesn't matter if it was mild. The guy is a gimmicky poster - not a problem on After Hours as long as he's not offending people (although eventually posters like that get hauled up for being annoying - the thing about After Hours though, is they're given a chance for a while, and this guy has only started doing that "citizen" stuff). The Citizen would be banned from most other forums for that nonsense - After Hours is a different kettle of fish though.

So it doesn't matter what a poster is doing - you can't insult them.

Ok I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Insert lolcats now

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

snyper wrote: »
    Insert lolcats now

There'll be no more of that after the wedding you know.

• Advertisement

I'm just stuck in the middle of a full blown conversation aren't I.... lol

Right i'm outta here. thanks lads.

You'll get the gist of it after a while... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Right i'm outta here. thanks lads.

Cheerio. See you in 7 days.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Good stuff :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement