Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live and UTV Internet, connection problems

• 03-01-2009 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a quick question. Are NTL/Chorus and Eircom the only broadband providers that are compatible with xbox live.
    We are connected with utv internet broadband, and can not seem to connect.
    I have read about using static IP and changing NAT setting on the router, could this help.

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did a quick search and could not find anything.

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Xbox Live should work with all broadband providers.

What router are you using and are you directly connected or using wireless?
    Try running the network test on your Xbox,
    Xbox 360 Dashboard - Network Connection Tests
    The Xbox 360 contains a built-in network diagnostic utility useful for troubleshooting connection errors. To run this utility, navigate to the System area of the Dashboard, select the Network Settings menu option, then select Test Xbox Live Connection to run the test at

Note any fails and post them back here. I use a static IP and have NAT configured on my router and I get a better connection less lag etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dmohalloran

When testing xbox live connection the following is reported
    Network Adaptor USB Wireless
    Wireless Network Connected
    IP Address Confirmed
    DNS Confirmed
    MTU Confirmed
    ICMP Confirmed
    XBOX Live Failed

There is a valid xbox live account.
    Any suggestions?

Also Error Status Codes
    W: 0000 - 0021
    X 0000 - F001
    Y: 20A8 - 4840
    Z: 8015 - 1007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Haven't had problems with with Xbox Live failing so don't know what could be up. I'd ring microsoft with the error codes you have and see what they say.

Advertisement