Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White wine - will it be vinegar ?

Options
  • 03-01-2009 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Was doing a clean out of the wine cellar ( back of a kitchen press ).. when I came across a '95 Nederbeg Sauvingon Blanc. I remembered that I had bought it on my honeymoon when in SA back in '95 .

I know red wine can age well depending on how its stored and it original quality etc. but what about white ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

crack her open. go on!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

I may well do but will it be better with chips or on the chips ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd say it could be quite nice.
    You'll know fairly quickly anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Some white wines can be aged up to 20 years or so but a lot depends on the storage of the wine, if its been in a cupboard standing up straight for 13 years it may not be the best...
    however there is only one way to find out! Best have a back-up bottle just in case!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Remove the collar and have a look at the state of the cork.
    If it appears to be discoloured in sections, has a rough/grainy base or looks like the wine has risen up through it, then you can be assured that it's complete rubbish.

Drink up!
    '95 was an "EXCELLENT" year in SA!

http://www.wineboard.ie/wine_information/vintage.php?wineinfo=vintage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

How did you get on as a matter of interest???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

My guess is it will be coloured like brown urine and will taste like brown apples with a touch of kerosene. Really a drinknow style as most new world SBs are.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Still have not opened it - might just keep it for posterity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 moonie35

Just get it in to ya Ive drank every thing from tinners to petrol and still do at the weekends so give us a shout if you want I might give you a seeing to after

Advertisement