Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ceiling below concrete slab

Options
  • 03-01-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi all
    in process of building, have concrete slabs on first floor, from reading an earlier post (and i have fairly wide spans, thus the bow in the slab) it seems the best way to go is not to batten out with timber, but to put the metal system beneath the slab and fix the ceiling boards to this, (ideal for the Heat recovery vents)

Anyone know where i can source this system, also the names of the different systems would be very helpfull.

Also has anyone prices kingspan insullation in north ?? is there a saving??

thanks in advance for all replies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Hi Wexfordbuild,

The metal system is a suspended frame which is mechanically fixed to the underside of the slab. The void can be left at a height to suit you with your services. Gypsum, lafarge, knauf and a lot of independent guys make the metal for it. I currently install these "MF" ceilings almost on a daily basis. If you want any more advice just drop me a pm and i'll give you my details and I can give you more advice then - prices of material, where to buy etc.
    Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Heatherview

Hi Wexford build

Gyproc MF Suspended ceiling, available at any Builders merchants.Products required
    1. MF5 Ceiling Section Length 3600mm
    2. MF6A Perimeter Channel Length 3600mm
    3. MF7 Primary Support Channel Length 3600mm
    4. MF8 Stap Hanger 25mm x 2900mm
    5. or GA2 Angle Length 2900mm
    6. MF9 Connection Clips
    7. MF13 Waferhead jackpoint screws
    8. Gyproc Drywall Screws
    9. Gyproc MF11 Nut & Bolt
    I have a Spec sheet on materials you can see how its used,have you a fax i can send it to you?
    Heatherview

Advertisement