Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

have problem with usb, fraps

• 03-01-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a problem with my USB connections, but I can't show the device manager screen because I can't get Fraps to work!!

Downloaded and installed it, even created a new screenshots directory within the Fraps folder, and assigned a hotkey, but when I press the hotkey, nothing happnens. No confirmation, error message, or screenshot saved.

Any alternative to fraps?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

press Printscr up beside F12 , open up paint , and paste into that..

If youe running Vista , the "snipping tool" will take a portion of your screen and turn it into a Jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fraps only really works with games, you can't use it to take screenshots of the desktop.
    Any time you see a yellow digital counter in the top left corner of the screen, you know you'll be able to use fraps

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Right, got it working. Here is the device manager

I'm pretty sure that my computer had USB 2.0 before, as it's only 2 years old max. As you can see I've tried disabling the USB 1.1 drives to force the 2.0 on the system (or something), but that just disables all the USB. Should I roll back/update drivers, and if so, how?

(Btw, I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop, Windows XP SP3)

dev%20man.png

go to the dell download page , find your machine , and get the newest chipset drivers , maybe try flashing your bios , make sure everything is up to date

I went to support.dell.com, found my machine and installed the intel mobile chipset drivers. nothing really happened.

So does this make sense? How come only one of the 5 usb controllers are enhanced? the 4 1.1 controllers seem to correspond to the root hubs.

I'm just trying to figure out why my file transfer speeds are so slow for a computer that's not that old (maybe 25 mins for 700MB).

Plus, I'm not tech savvy enough to flash my bios (wouldn't know where to start!)

• Advertisement

what are you trying to transfer to?

Any portable device/memory stick, etc. Just an hour ago, was transferring songs to my phone with a 2GB SD. 4 albums, 10 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

Any one have any idea why my Fraps will record any game like minecraft or LoL or even whats playing on my VLC Media player but it will not record video from my ps1 emulator?? It will record sound just no video? Please help guys.

By the way im using psxfin as my emulator.

Advertisement