Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I auditioned for BB10 Today

Options
  • 03-01-2009 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

For those of you interested, please read on, for those who do not care then this thread is not for you....

Basically the auditions were held in Edinburgh. There were no adverts in local press and the only reason I found out it was on was because I was in ASDA doing my Saturday morning shopping and noticed that the auditionees were being asked to head into the main building towards the back of the Edinburgh Corn Exchange - which is about 3.5 miles from the City Centre.

In any case I ran into a friend, who had heard that they were doing auditions from Celeb Big Brother last night, and wanted to be involved. I decided to go with her and just see how it all worked. As we entered the building we were queued up, there was a small attendance at about 10am, I'd say roughly 20 people ahead of us at most. The people at the front of the room, about 8 of them, were doing some team building excercises and we were given some to do in the queue while we waited.

There was no auditions in Glasgow so people came from Fife, Stirling, Dundee, Aberdeen and Glasgow to take part....the people I talked to anyway...and we just chatted about the unusual setup and the low key affair. We were not asked to give any details in the line nor where we told to read the sign on the wall that told us we would be filmed and any explotation OR ALTERATION of that footage IN ANY MEDIA would be legally viable on national TV.

8 of us where picked to stand at the top of the room and do some team building excercise. A former contestant, a blind man, was on hand to give some "advice" and had some pictures taken for the local paper. He told us to expose our skeltons now, at this stage, rather than risk press humilitation. We were asked to stand and face a person we didnt come in with and talk to them, asking them 2 most embarassing facts, we then had to pick one and tell the group. We were then arranged, by each other, into groups such as "most liked" and "most boring" without the main group realising what the person picked to do the task had been asked to do.

We were asked to stand in a straight line, and told to put our hands out, if we got a stamp on our hand then we could go through and there would be a form to fill out and a personal interview. If not then we would have to leave with nothing. Neither my friend nor myself were picked, and I'm thankful I must be honest, but the one they did pick was (no suprises here) the black haired, well chested, former FHM High Steet Honey of 2008....she had claimed to have appeared in the magazine over the past year at somestage in nothing but a thong as her most embarrassing fact....shes on the FHM website actually in that photo....

And thats really it. So anyone going to the auditions in Dublin might know what they can expect, or maybe you already know, but it was certainly worth my while doing it even if I didnt want to go through. You live and learn

EDIT: Ive just heard that after the interview, which the one picked from our interview would have had to go through, there was then more picked for the 3rd stage....and I dont know what that required....but if only 60 people turned up I would say only 5 got through to the final stage...therefore earning them a trip to closed interviews in London

.....although Im sure Ill see my picture in the paper tomorrow.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

So how many in total do you reckon auditioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Thanks for that story Motley crue, it was dead interesting. I've never heard what actually happens during auditions. I'd say you'd've been sweatin' if you'd been picked! Imagine!!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

A former contestant, a blind man, was on hand to give some "advice" and had some pictures taken for the local paper.

This guy?
    michael2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

jimbo78 wrote: »
    This guy?
    michael2.jpg
    no, the other blind scottish contestant. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

zuroph wrote: »
    no, the other blind scottish contestant. :rolleyes:

O noes :eek: I sure wish I had your encylcopediac knowlege of Big Brother

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

My son is applying when they come to manchester in febuary .He suggested I apply to .;)

You must be joking I replied ? He wasnt :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Diarmsquid wrote: »
    So how many in total do you reckon auditioned?

Just an update to say that yes, Mikey was the guy who was there yesterday, the former blind contestant

The girl from my group who got picked is in all the papers, Ill post a link below - you never know, you could see her on the screen....

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_showbiz/116359/Cheeky-Carlys-BB-bid-Big-Brother.html

Oh and yes, regarding attendance, there is an article in the Scottish Mail which claims only 60 people turned up in total. That might have been true, because at no point was there a queue and as I stated there was only a small number when I was there...but I have to stress that there is no way the producers could have really known this since most people were only counted after being chosen from their groups and not beforehand, when they came in the door....

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/tv-showbiz-news/entertainment-news/2009/01/04/edinburgh-big-brother-audition-sees-only-60-people-turn-out-78057-21014243/

no pictures of me though, yet.....
    If you check the first link there is a link to pictures of those auditioning...most of whom I spoke to, and most of whom were just plain weird, incl. the girl with the massive tits...thats a tennis ball under her chin btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Jane Doe

I was in Edinburgh with a few friends of mine for a short break and walking up the Royal Mile on the audition day we were stopped by two english people (man and woman) who asked us if we'd like to audition for Big Brother! They were obviously stuck for people and wanted to boost the numbers! :P Told them we weren't weird enough which is true! And i dont think another teacher on BB would be appreciated after last year! :D

So has anyone here uploaded a youtube audition?

oops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Bear in mind theres online auditions I think this year.

Advertisement