Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing website locally

Options
  • 03-01-2009 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

Im trying to intsall wordpress locally and keep encountering this problem

// ** MySQL settings ** // define('DB_NAME', 'wordpress'); // define('DB_USER', 'root'); // define('DB_PASSWORD', ''); // define('DB_HOST', 'localhost'); //
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_admin() in C:\xampplite\htdocs\wordpress\wp-admin\includes\comment.php on line 159

As far as I understand I need to change the settings in my wordpress wp-config.php file but I dont know where I can get the info I need to insert into the code to get it to display correctly...

Anyone, any help?

Thanks

Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

If you want to run Wordpress locally you will have to run a local server to get it to function. XAMPP being the most commonly used solution. That way you can set up the database and get it talking to Wordpress.

I'm guessing from your post you haven't done that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'm guessing from his post that he already has a server up and running considering he is getting an error from the PHP interpreter and plus the files are located in a xampp directory.

What is the code on that light OP? - Have you set up a MySQL data base with user details for word press to use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I'm guessing from his post that he already has a server up and running considering he is getting an error from the PHP interpreter and plus the files are located in a xampp directory.

What is the code on that light OP? - Have you set up a MySQL data base with user details for word press to use?

That's probably where I'm going wrong. How do I go about doing that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

Pen, you need to do it with PHPmyadmin, which comes with XAMPP.
    Once you have XAMPP up and running, you should be able to access it from the browser thru http://localhost

http://www.lifespy.com/2007/how-to-install-wordpress-offline/

There's a link to more info that might help you.

Advertisement