Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Land of Leather - Sterling prices in Ireland

• 03-01-2009 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

I checked out some prices at the land of leather website and noticed there is a large discrepency between the price on the dot IE website and the dot CO dot UK website.

I decided to contact Land of Leather (through the website) and ask them whether it is possible to order from the dot CO dot UK website (paying in sterling) and collect the items from their warehouse in Dublin.

I sent the email yesterday evening, and I received a response at 11:30 this morning.

Dear ,

This can be arranged if you would like to call us, we can then explain how to go about this.

Please call us on 01202 678743.

Kind Regards,

Online Sales Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

randomer wrote: »
    I checked out some prices at the land of leather website and noticed there is a large discrepency between the price on the dot IE website and the dot CO dot UK website.

I decided to contact Land of Leather (through the website) and ask them whether it is possible to order from the dot CO dot UK website (paying in sterling) and collect the items from their warehouse in Dublin.

I sent the email yesterday evening, and I received a response at 11:30 this morning.

Dear ,

This can be arranged if you would like to call us, we can then explain how to go about this.

Please call us on 01202 678743.

Kind Regards,

Online Sales Team

Would the extra delivery costs incurred outweigh the savings?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

But why buy from "Land of Leather" - boards (and other places) are full of tales of woe.

Imagine having to drive North to spend your days arguing with them when you could just drive to yourlocal retail park and arhue with them......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

kendragon wrote: »
    Would the extra delivery costs incurred outweigh the savings?

I believe collection from the warehouse is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

Keep in mind if you buy from the north or online and down the line you have a problem with the couch you need to go back from where you have purchased it, this a FACT.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Zeppi wrote: »
    Keep in mind if you buy from the north or online and down the line you have a problem with the couch you need to go back from where you have purchased it, this a FACT.

FACT, not always the case. A realitive of mine bought a TV from currys up the north and had a problem with it and when he contacted the currys store where hw purchased it, they told him that he could return it to any branch of Currys here in the Rep providing he had the original receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Not so much of a bargain now they've gone into administration.

wait until they have their closing down sale and you'll get much bigger bargains!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

wait until they have their closing down sale and you'll get much bigger bargains!

Just don't pay a cash deposit on anything! Use your credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

yeah, looks like they could be closing shortly, however i couldn't find their shop online, can somebody suggest how to buy stuff from them online, i mean UK shops
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

rai555 wrote: »
    yeah, looks like they could be closing shortly, however i couldn't find their shop online, can somebody suggest how to buy stuff from them online, i mean UK shops
    thanks

they have gone into administration already so doubtful that they are still trading unless selling floor stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I bought furniture from them about 2 years ago. Got a 5 year warranty. Wondering if anyone knows whats the story with that now if I need to get it fixed?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Land of Leather is in administration as opposed to liquidation. This means they are continuing to trade and will probably get bought where as liquidation is the winding down of a company or part of it. Usually warranties are through a third party company so I would imagine it is safe, unless the warranty company went bust.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Maddogg

i have ordered a suite of Land of Leather for €1399 and have purchased full 5 year insurance for 250! i have seen the same suite for €3200

they have taken my order but are not taking any deposits as they are in administration so i have to wait for the order to come and then pay!

happy days either way!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭loopymum

Maddogg wrote: »
    i have ordered a suite of Land of Leather for €1399 and have purchased full 5 year insurance for 250! i have seen the same suite for €3200

they have taken my order but are not taking any deposits as they are in administration so i have to wait for the order to come and then pay!

happy days either way!!

But how valid is the insurance if they go burst? Hope you wont be left high and dry

its with a separate company so i dont think it has anything to do with land of leather other that they sale it to you! if i have and issue with the suite i ring this crowd and they send and guy out and check the problem etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Has anyone ever got repairs done with this insurance/warranty? Any problem getting a few marks sorted out etc? Will they replace the sofa or repair it?

i have a friend that bought a suite of furniture with 3 years insurance and within the first week is kid ripped the couch with his stanley blade

they came out and had to replace the couch.

then after 2 and half years he decided he was getting another suite and his mother in law said she would buy the suite of him for a few quid. so he rang the insurance crowd and said that the suite had lost its bounce etc and they sent a guy out and he got the suite rebuffed and the leather treated again

he got full value

Advertisement